Mid-Cumberland Community Action Agency
Mid-Cumberland Community Action Agency is seeking an experienced Finance Director to manage the financial operations of the agency. The Finance Director is an integral part of the senior management team and works closely with the Executive Director in the strategic operations of the Agency. Primary duties of this position include oversight of the fiscal department and staff, supervising all accounting functions, maintaining financial systems, monitoring and developing fiscal policies, maintaining the agency’s system of internal controls, budgeting and cash flow, fiscal interface with all departments, contract management, and financial analysis including examination of potential growth opportunities. Additionally, financial reporting is required to various stakeholders including: the agency Board of Directors, Federal, State, and local government funding agencies, and other private donors. The Finance Director’s role requires the ability to communicate complex financial information to a variety of stakeholders. Compliance is an important component of the Finance Director’s responsibilities and requires familiarity with federal, state and local regulations. The Finance Director must possess a complete understanding of GASB and GAAP standards of governmental accounting and knowledge and experience with governmental audit standards.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Gather accounting and auditing information for auditors. (fiscal, workers comp, 401k)
- Budget development and reporting.
- Analyzing and forecasting for Executive Director, Finance Committee, Board of Directors, and Program Directors.
- Financial reporting including financial statements to include cash flow data.
- Provides the Finance Committee with monthly financial reports and facilitates an open forum for discussion, problem solving, and transparency.
- Work with all agency Program Directors and Executive Director to assist with program budgets, fiscal reporting, planning, and compliance.
- Reports financial data to Board of Directors, including financial reports, audits, and pertinent operational statistics.
- Preparing for the deposit/withdrawal of funds.
- Prepares depreciation, general ledger entries, and reconciliations.
- Compliance with financial reporting for State/Federal/grants or agencies.
- Inventory schedules.
- AP/AR. Posting details of business transactions.
- Maintenance of the property and liability insurance package.
Director of Finance manages/coordinates:
- The revision, development, and implementation of financial policies/procedures
- Maintenance, negotiation, and oversight of property and liability insurance policies
- The integration of payroll information into reports
- Cash flow to ensure adequate funds are available
- Lease negotiations
- Advises Executive Director on efficient and effective use of revenue and expenses
- Compliance and security of financial records
- Maintains confidentiality and security with proper and timely filing of all documents
- Maintains good relations with financial institution representatives and insurance representatives
- Serves as part of the MCCAA Senior Administrative Team
- Attends related meetings and participates in networking groups as necessary
- Participates in other duties as assigned
- Directly supervises finance department support team
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures and applicable laws
- Planning, assigning, and directing of work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, and resolving problems
Qualifications and Skills:
The successful candidate must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance. A Master’s Degree in the same disciplines desired. The CPA credential is a plus. The position requires 5+ years’ experience in a non-profit and/or governmental organization, or direct experience with CAA programs or these organizational types. Leadership or supervisory experience is desired for this position. A combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be considered for the position.
Mid-Cumberland Community Action Agency is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. This employer participates in E-Verify.
- Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance (100% paid for employee, Family Coverage available)
- Vision, Dental Coverage available
- Paid Life Insurance
How to Apply
Resume should be submitted via Indeed or via email HR@Midcumberland.org. Please include Finance Director in email subject.
- Date Posted: March 17, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 04/13/2020
- Salary Range: 55,000-70,000