Safe Haven Family Shelter
Safe Haven Family Shelter
Leads and supports all financial functions of the agency including: grants management, expense/documentation verification, check and credit card processing, yearly agency budget and grant budgets, Salesforce/Intacct reconciliation, financial policies/internal controls, and timekeeping/payroll. Also oversees onboarding and offboarding of employees including all new hire paperwork.
- Accurately prepare grant drawdown packets for all federal grants according to funder guidelines according to agency grants calendar.
- Cut manual checks. Coordinate mailings including weekly check runs. Track all financial assistance in Salesforce and prepare expenses for grant reimbursements.
- Develop new financial processes, procedures, and internal controls where appropriate.
- Develop annual budgets, including annual budget upload for Intacct.
- Monitor monthly grant and agency budgets to ensure finances are on track
- Oversee onboarding of new employees and maintaining complete and compliant HR files
- Create, edit and review Standard Operating Procedures for financial tasks.
- Lead reconciliation process for all agency credit cards, ensuring they are properly coded and submitted for grant reimbursement.
- Lead annual audit, including gathering documents and ensuring all audit submissions are fully compliant with federal grant guidelines
- Use accounting software to research financial transactions as needed
- Generate financial reports and data reports from Salesforce/Intacct and reconcile both platforms to each other on a monthly basis
- Monitor employee time tracking to ensure time card records are complete and approved by payroll deadlines
- Actively participates in Board of Director finance calls, in partnership with COO.
- Serve as backup on all tasks of operations manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s preferred, preferably in a finance-related field (accounting, finance, MBA; CPA preferred)
- Excellent computer skills, including financial software, Salesforce, and Excel
- Excellent mathematical and analysis skills
- Skillful financial and budgetary analysis
- A self-starter with the ability to multi-task and handle multiple demands; great organization skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- At least 3 years’ experience in finance, accounting, etc.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Work Environment: Office setting.
- Must be able to sit / stand for 8 hours.
- Walking, bending, light lifting up to 25 lbs.
- 100% Employer-paid health and dental for individuals ($6,000 value for employee enrolled in individual plan)
- Additional discounted family coverage available as well (Up to $11,500 value for employee enrolled in family plan)
- 18 PTO Days plus 8 sabbatical days annually
- 16 Paid Holidays annually
- Paid parental/family leave
- 401K Plan (with 5% employer match)
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Account options
- Voluntary vision and life insurance
How to Apply
Click Here To Apply!
- Date Posted: May 5, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Housing
- Start Date: 05/31/2023
- Salary Range: $65,000-$72,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/week