The Gideons International
The Gideons International
Works with the Finance division in day-to-day activities. Prepares journal entries, general ledger account reconciliations, record of assets/liabilities and other financial transactions. Fulfills cross-functional duties throughout the Finance Division as needed, including special projects. Provides support to fellow system users and looks for ways to troubleshoot specific problems. Serves as system administrator for financial software packages, corporate card, and expense reporting. The overarching goal is to build a continuously improving accounting system with integrity and provide exceptional customer service.
- Provide assigned monthly closing account analyses and reconciliations for a variety of accounts required for proper financial reporting.
- Perform monthly and ad-hoc analyses of revenues and expenses for Finance, Executive staff, and other stakeholders as requested.
- Analyze financial statements and present findings monthly, with additional analysis throughout the month as requested.
- Maintain accurate accounting of investment portfolio for the Finance Committee.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and schedules including Administrative Financial Statements, Consolidated Statement of Activities, Investments and other reports.
- Serve as internal administrator for financial systems and serve as department contact for system issues and questions.
- Coordinate monthly bank reconciliations.
- Participate in annual budget process, including representation to other Divisions for ongoing budget support by monitoring expenditures against budgets and identifying budget variances.
- Monitor daily cash position and track inflows/outflows from various sources.
- Perform online banking administrator duties and participate in banking relationships.
- Ensure timely monthly financial closing/reporting by monitoring user task lists.
- Prepare reconciliations and documentation as requested for the annual audit.
- Train and work with Trustees, National Field Officers, National Association employees and others in preparing and understanding the accounting and expense reporting procedures and requirements.
- Handle confidential data.
- Offer analysis to determine and prioritize workflow improvements.
- Participate in daily morning staff devotions; on a rotating basis serve by praying and reading Scripture in support of devotion leader.
- Other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Time Requirements
- Climate-controlled office environment
- 8-hour workday
- Variations in work volume sometimes require extended working hours
- Hybrid work model
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience in non-profit accounting desired.
- Ability to analyze data.
- Customer-oriented with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Accounting software experience, proficient in Microsoft Office applications with strong Excel experience.
- NetSuite experience preferred.
- Mature, responsible, driven and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Successful completion of a drug and background screen.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness Program, 401K and more
How to Apply
apply online at www.gideonsteam.org
- Date Posted: November 30, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Religious
- Start Date: 01/03/2023
- Working Hours: M-F 7:30am - 4:30pm