Cumberland River Compact
Field Team Member (Driver)
Cumberland River Compact
The Cumberland River Compact is a 501c3 nonprofit dedicated to enhancing the health and enjoyment of the Cumberland River and its tributaries through education, restoration, and collaboration. Serving three million people and thousands of species, the Cumberland River Compact works to address root causes of water pollution, both urban and rural. Integral to the success of our mission are our knowledgeable and dedicated staff that embody the values of our organization, and work closely as a team to advance conservation goals.
Field Team members (Driver) reports directly to the Crew Leader and Field Operation Supervisor, focusing on organizational field work including but not limited to the following programs: Tree maintenance and care, tree delivery & plantings as part of the Compact’s tree planting campaign (Root Nashville) 100% of this employee’s time will be spent working outside. The starting pay for this position is $18/hr, and weekly hours will be capped at 30, with a possibility of full time dependent on employee fit. Part time benefits include 401k with 3% employer match.
The Cumberland River Compact is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to a policy of nondiscrimination, inclusion, and equal opportunity and actively seek a diverse pool of candidates in this search.
● Serves as a key component to the Tree Care Program’s day-to-day watering through the
months of May and September
● Assists with tree care activities in winter and spring, including mulching and pruning
● Aids in Fall and Winter tree deliveries
● Employee may assist with other field programs, as needed by the organization, such as:
– Assist in large-scale clean-ups to meet grant deliverables
– Ability to assist in Green Infrastructure stormwater buildouts and retrofits
– Serves as field laboring help in stream restoration projects
– Work with staff on 319, ILF, WQIP, City of Franklin Deliverables and Root Nashville deliverables
This position will involve driving a truck with a trailer towing a 750 gallon water tank, as well as a 20’ trailer loaded with trees.
● This is a field position. A successful applicant will enjoy working outside through the seasons
● Ability to regularly lift 50 pounds
● 18 years of age
● Valid Drivers License
● Experience driving a truck and trailer
● Interest in environmental causes a plus
● Must be a team player
● Well-organized, detail-oriented, and resourceful, with the ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks, assignments, and priorities
The starting pay for this position is $18/hr, and weekly hours will be capped at 30, with a possibility of full time dependent on employee
fit. Part time benefits include 401k with 3% employer match.
How to Apply
To apply: Please send resume to email@example.com.
Please do not call regarding this position.
- Date Posted: July 7, 2022
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Environment
- Start Date: 07/31/2022
- Salary Range: $18/hr