Family Support Specialist in the Courts (Middle TN)
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Knowledge of the service area and of resources for children with mental health issues.
- Knowledge and personal experience with children who have behavioral disorders.
- Knowledge and experience with the juvenile justice, educational, and other child-serving systems.
- Desire to help and support parents of children with SED, with strong customer service skills.
- Commitment to system of care principles, cultural competency & effective teamwork.
- Excellent communication, organizational, problem-solving/creative thinking skills.
- Established support system and access to resources.
- Basic computer and writing skills.
Duties & Responsibilities/Principal Activities:
- Assists the family in navigating various child-serving systems and in connecting with resources.
- Assists the family in navigating the juvenile justice and court systems.
- Assists assigned families in securing both formal & informal supports to meet the family’s needs.
- Assists families/caregivers to develop attainable goals that help the child function better in the home, school, and community through promoting and modeling system of care.
- Ensures that required paperwork is completed as instructed in the assigned time frame.
- Completes and disseminates service plan to client and family.
- Schedules meetings and provides client with date, time & location.
- Partners with family in identifying and overcoming barriers/service gaps.
- Monitors the progress of the Service Plan as the primary contact person for completion of tasks.
- Models and teaches effective advocacy skills, provides caregiver active support and regular visits.
- Other duties and/or tasks as assigned.
- Conform to CARF standards as applicable.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have a valid driver’s license and proof of current auto insurance
Bachelor’s degree in social or behavioral science or closely related field required, Master’s preferred. Parent/caregiver or legal guardian of child with mental health diagnosis required. Certified Family Support Specialist (CFSS) preferred. Personal experience with children’s mental health issues and in navigating child-serving systems. Non-profit organization experience and work history within child serving systems preferred, including but not exclusive of juvenile justice, protective services, or other child serving systems.
A career at TN Voices offers a motivating and team player environment with a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees including Health, Dental, Vision, Company Paid Life Insurance, 403b plan with match and supplemental benefits options – in addition to thirteen (13) paid holidays and a generous PTO accrual system.
How to Apply
Please email your resume to Blair Chapman at email@example.com.
- Date Posted: November 23, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 12/07/2020
- Working Hours: 40 hours/week