Tennessee Health Care Campaign
Family Services Specialist – Insurance Agent
Tennessee Health Care Campaign
The Insure All Tennessee initiative is Tennessee Health Care Campaign’s health access hub where any Tennessee resident can access information and enrollment assistance with health coverage options including TennCare, CoverKids, Healthcare.gov Marketplace, and other community resources. We maintain a toll-free enrollment hotline and website. All services are free. Insure All Tennessee is the State’s only nonprofit insurance agency.
This position requires direct client contact in person (in accordance with current safety protocols) and over the phone to provide health insurance education, outreach, enrollment, and care management. Staff works remotely from home, with outreach travel.
The Tennessee Health Care Campaign is a statewide non-profit organization.
Vision: All Tennesseans will have access to affordable, equitable, high quality health care.
The Family Service Specialist will reach out to uninsured residents in underserved communities in Tennessee with a focus on West Tennessee. The Family Services Specialist will educate about the importance of insurance coverage, enroll Tennesseans in HealthCare.gov, TennCare and Cover Kids. and assist clients with insurance renewal and TennCare redeterminations. The Family Services Specialist will build alliances and referral networks with community organizations and services and provide application assistance as needed. Once enrolled, the Family Services Specialist will assist clients to understand how to use their health coverage and find in-network services.
- Applicants must take the Tennessee Insurance Pre-License course and pass the Tennessee Insurance License Exam prior to employment. THCC offers a $500 signing bonus with proof of licensure.
- Strong English oral and written ability
- Solid listening and communication skills to ensure client satisfaction with service delivery.
- Ability to respond professionally and calmly to complex and challenging situations.
- Ability to work with clients with diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds, religious views, lifestyles and sexual orientation and to treat all individuals with respect and dignity
- Strong ethical standards regarding protection of client personal information.
- Strong organizational skills; Computer skills and data entry required.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience strongly preferred
- 2 years nonprofit work experience preferred.
- Front line service delivery or sales experience preferred.
- Experience working with immigrant populations and low-income communities preferred.
- Knowledge of health and human services infrastructure and public coverage options preferred.
- Must have a reliable automobile for use on the job; Must have and maintain automobile
insurance coverage. Must possess a valid Tennessee Driver License.
- Must have a Smart phone in good working order
- Subject to criminal background check prior to employment
Vacation, holidays, mileage, and cell phone and health insurance stipends. Flexible hours, primarily work from home.
How to Apply
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Send resume and cover letter to director@TNHealthcareCampaign.org.
Tennessee Health Care Campaign is an equal opportunity employer. Black, Latino/a, Immigrants, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQI Community and people with lived experience are encouraged to apply.
- Date Posted: April 21, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 06/16/2022
- Salary Range: $40,000-42,000
- Working Hours: Full time position, remote work from home position with some evening and weekend hours