The Next Door
FRC Family Care Manager
The Next Door
The Next Door provides a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
To develop and maintain relationships with families and ensure that they receive assistance with and/or referrals for services needed to foster greater self-sufficiency and success in the home, workplace, schools, and community.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties include the following:
- Serve as the contact for FRC tenants, group activities and volunteers and assist in representing the organization within the community at large.
- Develop and maintain meaningful and productive relationships with children and families through individual and family sessions, group meetings, informal contacts, and participation in community events.
- Communicate with families to identify family goals and develop individual Family Service Plans to ensure strategies are developed to assist families with meeting their goals.
- Assess family needs and connect them to necessary comprehensive services such as health care, social services, childcare, schools, housing, employment, nutrition, parenting education, adult education, etc.
- Develop and nurture relationships with other community-based service providers to link necessary resources to families.
- Coordinate emergency resource referrals as needed to address unanticipated needs of the families.
- Partner with FRC Manager to support/supervise intern involvement.
- Refer and coordinate relevant services with community providers and stakeholders to assist with long-term stability in the community for all clients and their families.
- Conduct alcohol and drug screening of tenants following established organizational procedures which ensure all tenants are screened twice per month minimally.
- Ensure timely and professional documentation to support each client’s interactions and coordination of services per the documentation guidelines of The Next Door, Inc.
- Ensure accurate documentation of all services provided and assist with relevant data tracking and reporting.
- Inventory and report the need for purchasing of supplies and equipment necessary for program activities.
- Communicate tenant/ program needs to Support staff and Childcare Providers.
- Assist Childcare Workers as needed during scheduled groups.
- Conduct in-person interviews and assessments with applicants for the Freedom Recovery Community program as back up to Freedom Recovery Community Manager.
- Assist with completing required annual reports as pertains to HUD and other grantor needs.
- Attend monthly community meetings.
- Market the Freedom Recovery Community program to staff and potential clients in the community, substance abuse treatment and mental health centers as directed by supervisor.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures of TND are always followed by residents and volunteers.
- Attend TND staff meetings, being prepared to provide a brief client/program update as needed.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in social work, counseling, or related field required.
- Possess proficient computer skills Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Valid Driver’s license
All Employees will adhere to the following professional standards:
- Honor the agency mission: The mission of The Next Door is to live out our faith by providing a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
- Consistently treat residents and co-workers with the utmost respect.
- Keeps ALL information regarding staff, residents, diagnosis, group information, etc. confidential at all times.
- Work as a necessary part of the team effort.
- Model ethical and professional behavior at all times.
- Participate in ongoing meetings and trainings as required by the leadership of The Next Door.
- Be creative and assist leadership with ideas for improving the overall quality of the services and environment for the residents of The Next Door.
- Encourage and live the core values of The Next Door, Inc., at all times:
- Love ~ We demonstrate what love looks like, so our women learn to love others in healthy ways and love themselves.
- Faith ~ We welcome all people, and all will be cared for with Christ-centered principles.
- Hope ~ We believe hope is within reach for all women.
- Wholeness ~ God has a plan and purpose for a woman’s life and that is abundantly good. She does not have to be defined by her past decisions. God loves. God forgives. Every woman can be whole and complete.
- Community ~ We are building a healthy community in which our women are contributing members of society. We need one another. We care for one another. We will teach our women how to build their own healthy community.
- Respect ~ We believe each woman deserves respect from us and from each other. We believe each woman can learn to respect herself and others.
- Encouragement ~ We believe that our words and actions should build one another up. We inspire one another with love and good deeds.
Health insurance including vision and dental options; Teledoc; Employee Assistance Program; long-term disability; 401K; Paid Time Off; Six paid holidays, Professional Development time.
How to Apply
Visit www.thenextdoor.org to submit your resume and application.
- Date Posted: August 23, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: M-F flexible schedule