Family Law Attorney – Nashville
Legal Aid Society
Legal Aid Society’s mission is to advance, defend, and enforce the legal rights of low income and vulnerable people in order to secure for them the basic necessities of life. Our staff includes national authorities in the fields of domestic violence, housing, consumer law, federal income taxation, health advocacy, nonprofit group representation, social security and special education.
At Legal Aid Society, we…
- Celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the principles of equal justice and advocacy for low-income people.
- Treat clients, staff and the public with dignity and respect.
- Appreciate the experiences and needs of people of diverse economic, social, and cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrate a personal sense of integrity.
The Family Law Attorney will provide civil legal representation for survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault and/or human trafficking with a focus on:
- Divorce and orders of protection in Davidson and Williamson counties.
- Collaborating with community partners and advocates.
- Advocating for systemic change.
This Nashville position may also be housed with a community partner
Representation may include administrative advocacy, litigation in state and federal courts, community education, and outreach activities to low-income or vulnerable middle Tennesseans.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Juris Doctorate (JD)
- Admission to practice in Tennessee or eligible for admission through UBE scores or comity.
- Excellent research, writing, and advocacy skills.
- A demonstrated interest in public service and an understanding of issues unique to diverse economic, social, cultural backgrounds.
- Must be a team player.
- A great sense of humor.
Learn more at las.org
How to Apply
Email cover letter, resume, writing sample, and three references (with phone numbers and email addresses) in PDF format to our Hiring Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should read: re: Nashville Family Law Attorney position.
- Date Posted: June 25, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Legal
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: $59,767-67,263
- Working Hours: Full time.