Family Intervention Specialist – Morristown, TN
Who is Youth Villages?
Youth Villages is a nonprofit organization striving to help troubled youth and families live successfully. We are a team of 2,900 individuals who’ve come together across 12 states to change the landscape of child welfare and juvenile justice across the country. Our work involves providing an array of counseling and treatment services to youth with severe emotional and behavioral problems.
Eighty-four percent of those who go through treatment are succeeding two years after leaving our program. These youth are living at home, remaining in school, and are not experiencing trouble with the law.
We believe strongly in investing in and supporting our employees. We offer candidates opportunities to develop a career and be part of a positive change in our country’s treatment of at-risk youth and families.
Can I see myself here?
- We have found our staff succeeds at Youth Villages when they:
- Are passionate about social services and dedicated to helping at-risk youth and families
- Value feedback and accountability
- Value the collaboration that comes from working on a team and thrive working on their own
- Enjoy variety in their schedule and not sitting behind a desk all day
- Are results and detailed oriented
- Have a sense of humor and find creative ways to implement ideas
- Value a strength-based treatment approach
- Can change priorities quickly
- Are looking for more than just a job
How will I make a difference?
- Providing in-home counseling services for at-risk youth and families
- Managing a small case load of four to six families to provide quality counseling
- Meeting with youth and families three times weekly to address each family’s needs
- Providing after hours support to youth and families utilizing a rotating on-call schedule
- Collaborating with youth, family, teachers, and other community members working towards the success of the youth; that could be attending court or meeting with teachers; it depends on what your families’ needs are in any given week
- Providing a strengths-based approach utilizing counseling and social work skills
- Attend three weekly meetings (individual, team, and clinical consultation) for professional development to help enhance clinical skills
- Schedule is flexible and non-traditional; based around the availability of youth and families served.
- Applicants must have a valid driver’s license, a personal vehicle to use for work purposes and auto insurance.
- Community Based staff will be reimbursed for applicable mileage
- Master’s degree in social services field is preferred, Bachelor’s degree in social services field is required; degrees that can be considered include: social work, drug and alcohol education or counseling, psychology, criminal justice, guidance counseling, or marriage and family therapy. Other degrees will have to be evaluated further to determine if they meet the qualifications.
- Experience working with at-risk youth and/or families in a volunteer, internship, or paid position; clinical experience is preferred
- Willingness/desire to maintain an untraditional schedule
- Strong writing skills and experience with electronic documentation
- Acceptable driving record- Three or fewer moving violations within the past 36 months
Covid-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of October 15, 2021, Youth Villages has required the COVID-19 vaccine for all employees, excluding those with an approved medical or religious exemption, as a condition of employment to help ensure the safety of all employees and youth and families served.
$43000 – $50000 / year based on education and clinical license
- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug Coverage and Vision
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- 12 paid sick days per year
- 11 paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Mileage & Cell Phone Reimbursement (when applicable)
- Tuition reimbursement and licensure supervision
- Growth & development through continuous training
- Clinical and administrative advancement opportunities
Youth Villages is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Youth Villages is committed to not only advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace but also in our work with children and young adults. We know that children, families and young people of color can face inequity in child welfare and justice systems, and we train our employees to build the skills they need to work with the communities that we serve, as well as, other employees from different cultures and backgrounds. Youth Villages is opposed to racism in any of its forms and is committed to inclusion, equity, and diversity. We believe that respect for each other is crucial in the work that we do each day.
How to Apply
Ready to apply? Use this link: Family Intervention Specialist
- Date Posted: December 7, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 43,000-50,000