The Family Center
Family Impact and Engagement Leader – AmeriCorp Member
The Family Center
Do you want to help parents feel more social connectedness? Are you passionate about marginalized members of our community having meaningful access to resources? The Family Impact and Engagement Leader will assist in creating the infrastructure to support and guide personal change. Help The Family Center increase the resilience of those we serve!
Full Time, August 15,2022 – July 28, 2023
You will enjoy this role if you are organized, outgoing and have a servant’s heart. You will build positive relationships with current and alumni participants of The Family Center’s parenting services and programs to determine their satisfaction and to identify any additional needs and challenges to continued engagement.
You will greet and interact with participants at agency hosted events and distribute gifts and incentives to families based on their individual needs and desires. You will use your creativity and initiative to create an action plan based on identified solutions and best practices for parent engagement.
This AmeriCorps member will gain research, facilitation, communication, and leadership skills. This member will also have access to professional development opportunities on multiple topics including Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs), trauma, and resiliency.
Nashville is powered by people of all ages, races, ethnicities, skin tones, sexes, genders, sexualities, religions, abilities, and socioeconomic statuses engaging in service together. This is a city where YOU matter and YOU make a difference. Join us as we tackle the community’s most pressing challenges through service by becoming a Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps Program member.
The HON AmeriCorps Program is made possible through generous support from Volunteer Tennessee, The Dan and Margaret Maddox Fund, and AmeriCorps, the federal agency connecting individuals and organizations through service and volunteering to tackle the nation’s most pressing challenges.
- Engage in program offerings to learn first-hand about the impact of programs on participants
- Lead/co-lead parent training modules
- Build positive relationships with current and alumni participants
- Represent The Family Center at community events
- Distribute incentives, gifts and other tangible items to participating families
Typical Day In This Position
Each day will bring its own challenges and rewards. A typical day may include reaching out to participants to solicit their evaluation of the services provided and to determine if additional services or resources are needed. It may also include research and data entry, as well as hosting a focus or alumni meeting.
The expected hours are Monday-Friday 8:30am- 5:00pm
Members should have experience with or the willingness to develop competencies in these areas:
(1) Working with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
(2) Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
(3) Organizational skills
Key abilities include:
(1) Willingness to learn new skills
(2) Demonstrating initiative
Multi/bilingual skills a plus but not required
Can professional experience be substituted for formal education: Yes
Responsibilities in the position may entail sitting for extended periods of time;Service responsibilities require the member to communicate verbally via the telephone and/or computer.;
Required Driver’s License: Yes
- $6,495 education award, upon completion of service contract
- Federal student loan forbearance and accrued interest payment
- Bronze-level health coverage through Healthcare.gov
- Training and professional development in nonprofit management
- $20,000 living allowance, paid in bi-weekly increments
How to Apply
Please apply using the link: https://forms.office.com/r/4BZ11DvFuv
- Date Posted: April 7, 2022
- Type: VISTA / AmeriCorps
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 08/15/2022
- Salary Range: 20000
- Working Hours: 37.5