Catholic Charities of TN
Family Empowerment Roving Family Coach
Catholic Charities of TN
Catholic Charities is seeking candidates for a Roving Family Coach in our Family Empowerment Program. This position is full-time. Services are based throughout Metro Davidson County. Hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00 to 4:30pm with some occasional evenings, depending on the needs of client families and program overall. Roving Family Coach will work throughout the community and will likely work in various environments including offices and sites associated with Catholic Charities and other partners of The Family Collective.
Primary responsibilities are to implement case-management, coordination, and financial
assistance with families experiencing homelessness and those at risk of being homeless. Staff will identify, assess, and connect families for basic needs such as food, clothing, housing, and medical/mental health services. Case managers will assist families in obtaining financial stability, stable housing, and making healthy choices. This will require knowledge of resources, the ability to collaborate with other entities and maintain records and data for the families and the agency. Case managers will collaborate with partners within The Family Collective and ensure client families are linked to relevant and desired wrap around services within this partnership.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or a related field and have at least one year of experience working with individuals/families experiencing poverty.
- Prefer candidate with experience working in child welfare, homelessness, and/or counseling.
- Fluent in Spanish
Other Skills or Requirements:
- Must have knowledge of human behavior and the ability to use various methods and techniques of crisis counseling and developing action plans with families.
- Must have the ability to relate to and work with individuals/families with multiple barriers.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the public and staff.
- Ability to plan and organize work.
- Cordiality in working under pressure and/or meeting deadlines.
- Ability to manage confidential information with extreme professionalism.
- Ability to follow tasks through to completion.
- Ability to work well as a team and independently with minimal direction.
Full benefits and competitive salary.
How to Apply
Please e-mail cover letter with salary history and resume to Kim Demetrio, Supervisor of Housing Services, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: January 10, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: 40,000
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs/wk