St. Luke's Community House
Family Empowerment Program Coach
St. Luke's Community House
The Family Coach is a full-time position that works one-on-one with families in a collaborative process to help enroll them in the Family Empowerment Program and identify and achieve goals within the program. The Family Coach strives to serve the whole family, keeping the participants in the driver’s seat, and being aware that families are the experts on their own strengths and perceived challenges ahead. The Coach is often-times the primary contact for the family, and is responsible for enrollment of participants, obtaining all necessary signed documents, assessing family for needs, guiding families in goal setting around core areas of service, referring family to needed partners or providers in the community, and updating progress in the shared database until family exits the program.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core values of St. Luke’s Community House. We believe that the work environment is enhanced when diverse groups of people with diverse ideas come together. Applicants whose work incorporates an inclusive perspective and a demonstrated commitment to issues of diversity and equity are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Maintains 15 families enrolled into program at a given time, with a goal of serving at least 35 families per year.
- Works closely with St. Luke’s Child Development Center and Resource Center to recruit families.
- Provides holistic and comprehensive services to all participants including intake assessments, goal setting, short and long-term action plan development, progress monitoring, budgeting, advocacy and referrals.
- Meets with family on a regular basis for 6-18 months on average. During the first 3 months a majority of follow-up meetings should be held in person rather than over the telephone.
- Connects families with needed and available community resources. Follows up with participants and agencies as appropriate to document use/success of referral.
- Inputs accurate and complete data for all interactions with participants into Agency database.
- Ensures that all documents submitted on behalf of a participant are valid.
- Communicates regularly with Employment Navigator, Financial Counselor, and other members of the Care team or support systems as needed. Participates in regular staff meetings, staff training programs, supervisory sessions, and accepts responsibility for developing a cohesive and positive team culture.
- Assists in maintaining meaningful relationships with other agencies within The Family Collective as well as partnering organizations including landlords, churches, employers, volunteers, and local businesses.
- Actively makes efforts to seek out and meet with other local community resources partners that could informally collaborate with The Family Collective to provide additional services and supports to those enrolled in services.
- Collaborates with the Care team to ensure that any children in the program who are nearing the age of “phasing out” of their childcare center are connected and linked to services at their local community hub in The Family Collective.
- Adheres to Agency policies, procedures, and professional code of ethics.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or a related field.
- Experience and demonstrated interest in working with persons experiencing poverty
- Knowledge of community resources and counseling/coaching/social work practices OTHER SKILLS
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Ability to guide and motivate others toward achieving goals.
- Strong ability to effectively interface with the public, including culturally diverse communities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Engaging, enthusiastic and energetic demeanor.
- St. Luke’s Community House is a drug free workplace. All employees will be required to submit to drug testing prior to employment.
- This position is a full-time position. A full benefits package is offered, including paid time off, group life, long term disability, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, medical, dental, and 401k.
St. Luke’s Community House is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
To join our team, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, and please include salary expectations.
No phone calls please
- Date Posted: October 19, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 40,000