Family Counselor (MST) – Morristown, TN – $5,000 relocation assistance!
*Ask about our $5,000 relocation assistance!*
Ask about our $6,000 sign-on payment!
Youth Villages has been a national leader in the implementation of research-based treatment philosophies in the field of children’s mental and behavioral health. Our commitment to helping troubled children and their families find success spans 30+ years and includes a comprehensive array of programs and services.
If you are looking for a positive career move where you are meeting the challenges of life and striving to make a positive difference, then Youth Villages is the place for you. We are looking for people with a strong sense of purpose and focus to continually build confidence in yourself and our organization.
This position is responsible for providing Multisystemic Therapy (MST) to youth ages 12 to 17 that display serious antisocial behaviors and are at-risk of placement out of the home due to their behaviors. Our MST program is built on the principle that the serious behavior problems of a child typically stem from a combination of influences including family factors, deviant peer group, problems in school or the community, and individual characteristics. The MST model calls for simultaneously addressing all of those inter-related areas.
- Carries a caseload of 4-5 families. Intensive treatment requires counselor to meet with each family at least three times per week.
- Develops individualized treatment plans for each case. Ongoing assessments and reviews of treatment progress are performed on a regular basis
- Documents all sessions within a pre-established cycle time. Documentation is web-based and most locations provide voice-recognition technology.
- Maintains on-call availability to clients during the week. Counselors rotate on-call availability on weekends, requiring approximately one on-call weekend per month.
- Drive up to 60-80 miles to meet with families in the home
- Counselors provide treatment in individual families’ homes in a wide array of settings and communities
- Works closely with multiple types of clinical supervision provided in individual and group settings led by trained and licensed MST professionals. Review of progress generally occurs at frequent intervals.
- Develops strong community relationships and resources with which to provide families as part of treatment.
Schedule is flexible and non-traditional; based around the availability of youth and families served.
Applicants must have a valid driver’s license, a personal vehicle to use for work purposes and auto insurance.
Community Based staff will be reimbursed for applicable mileage
$41,000- $48,000 based on education level and clinical license
A Master’s degree in a social services discipline is strongly preferred.
Bachelor’s degree with significant clinical experience may be considered.
Degrees that can be considered include: social work, drug and alcohol education or counseling, psychology, criminal justice, guidance counseling, or marriage and family therapy. Other degrees will have to be evaluated further to determine if they meet the qualifications.
Experience with at-risk youth and their families
Experience doing family therapy or providing MST services is a plus
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Excellent written, verbal, and oral skills
Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
Covid-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of October 15, 2021, Youth Villages has required the COVID-19 vaccine for all employees, excluding those with an approved medical or religious exemption, as a condition of employment to help ensure the safety of all employees and youth and families served.
Experience growth and development through our continuous training, as well as tuition and licensure reimbursement, or pursue opportunities to advance both clinically and administratively with Youth Villages.
- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug Coverage and Vision
- Retirement Savings Pension Plan
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- 12 paid sick days per year
- 11 paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Mileage & Cell Phone Reimbursement (when applicable)
Youth Villages is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Youth Villages is committed to not only advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace but also in our work with children and young adults. We know that children, families and young people of color can face inequity in child welfare and justice systems, and we train our employees to build the skills they need to work with the communities that we serve, as well as, other employees from different cultures and backgrounds. Youth Villages is opposed to racism in any of its forms and is committed to inclusion, equity, and diversity. We believe that respect for each other is crucial in the work that we do each day.
How to Apply
Ready to apply? Use this link: https://careers-youthvillages.icims.com/jobs/10655/family-counselor-%28mst%29/job
- Date Posted: December 9, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 41,000 - 48,000