Family Assistance Contracts and 2Gen Program Director
TN Department of Human Services
Department of Human Services (TDHS), Division of Family Assistance (FA) is accepting resumes for the position of Director, Family Assistance Contracts and 2Gen Program. The Two Generation (2Gen) approach is a whole-family centered approach that focuses equally and intentionally on services and opportunities for the child and the caregiver in their lives. These services and supports are not weighted on one side or the other; but it’s a delicate balance of focusing on the child and caregiver at the same time to build skills and abilities that fuel stronger outcomes for families because a child’s success is strongly tied to his or her family’s stability and well-being.
Under the general supervision of the Director Operations for Family Assistance Policy and Contracts, the FA Director serves as the statewide leader of the 2Gen program providing strategic vision, programmatic expertise, and state and federal compliance in the operation of the 2Gen program while maintaining a high level of accountability. The FA Director is responsible for the planning, organizing, directing and overall day to day administration of the FA contracts and 2Gen program and provides leadership for an interdisciplinary team of professionals that are responsible for helping the program carry out its mission.
Additionally, in collaboration with the Director of Operations and other key leaders, the FA Director is responsible for leading change and setting a vision that is dynamic, meets the needs of both individual and business customers that includes the development and implementation of the FA portion of the state’s 2Gen program and developing strong professional relationships with strategic partners.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and direction for the FA contracts and 2Gen program.
- Collaborate with program areas and community partners to develop contract language and deliverables for all Family Assistance and 2Gen Contracts that are clearly defined, measurable, and correspond to program objectives, outcomes, and requirements.
- Oversee the invoicing process for FA and 2Gen contracts.
- Assist with the development and delivery of technical assistance trainings for Employment and Case Management Services (ECMS).
- Oversee the expansion of 2Gen program services by organizing and facilitate the 2Gen Advisory Council. Develop and oversee the application process to recruit new members.
- Maintain current knowledge of all relevant state and federal, laws, rules and regulations including those of the program’s federal funding partner for compliant program administration.
- Maintain and strengthen relationships and communication with partners and other stakeholders and represent the department and the 2Gen program to a variety of audiences across the state and across the nation.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Four (4) years of professional level experience in program administration or a closely related activity. Two years supervising or managing human services or other social services program staff.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex federal and state regulations and program requirements.
- Prior experience managing large budgets, contracts, and provider agreements.
- Experience communicating and presenting information to large groups, including stakeholders, community partners and customers.
- Master’s Degree in social services, human services, counseling OR closely related field from an accredited college or university.
- Experience supervising and/or managing a public sector program (local government, state or federal) with a full & wide- ranging knowledge of related statues, rules and regulations.
For Information regarding State of Tennessee benefits please click here
How to Apply
- To be considered for the DHS Program Director 4 position with the Tennessee Department of Human Services external applicants must also apply online at
https://www.tn.gov/careers/apply-here.html October 13, 2020 at 11:59pm Central Standard Time.
- Active state employees apply for career opportunities directly through Edison self-service.
- Date Posted: September 23, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: 69,072 - 89,808