Facilities Project and Scheduling Coordinator
Brentwood United Methodist Church
This position supports the ministries and mission of Brentwood United Methodist Church by The Facilities Team keeping up with building use schedules, vendor schedules, and assists in keeping the facilities clean, safe, and well-maintained.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are a representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage and approve scheduling building use in BUMC event scheduling software (eSpace) coordinating with staff, BUMC ministries and outside groups
- Schedule door openings/closings for events for access and safety utilizing a web-based scheduling system.
- Open and close church facility as needed for regular building hours and special events
- Provide customer service to staff and congregation during events and other activities (i.e. outside events, community events) as requested
- Coordinate special events hosted on our campus, to possibly include UM-related events, training events, community (outside) events, and church-wide events in coordination with relevant ministry team and the Director of Operations
- Recruit, equip and lead a Special Events Team
- Prepare and manage event budget and related paperwork
- Coordinate registration, catering, A/V and facilities booking
- Coordinate hospitality, campus security, signage, parking, and volunteers
- Assist in getting estimates for facility projects, planning, scheduling, and providing administrative support as needed
- Schedule installation and maintenance projects with church staff while considering building use, outdoor events, and school schedules
- Acquire city permits as required for events held on BUMC campuses
- Assist with columbarium meetings, physical upkeep, and administrative needs such as contracts and payments
- Be alert to campus security as persons enter and exit church property following proper protocols as directed
- Manage HVAC schedules and other reoccurring building & system maintenance in collaboration with Operations Team
- Troubleshoot building systems issues in collaboration with Operations Team
- Respond to building emergencies when onsite
- Comply with all OSHA safety and health regulations while following BUMC policies and procedures
- Attend department and all-staff meetings as requested
- Other duties as assigned
- Provide backup receptionist duties for the church as scheduled
- Competency in Microsoft Office software and other web-based technology with ability to learn computer programs quickly and use them proficiently
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions from manual, documents, and supervisor
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively and courteously with staff and volunteers
- Dependable, responsible, and self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Must have a cheerful and positive attitude and approach work with a servant heart
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of building systems, maintenance and vendor scheduling preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to multi-task and juggle multiple priorities
- Self-starter who takes initiative and anticipates needs of the department
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associates degree or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two (2) – Five (5) years experience in project coordination or business management
- Experience with facility scheduling software or project management software preferred
This job operates in a church building environment that provides space for employee offices, classes, childcare, worship, and other indoor and outdoor large events.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work inside the church building and outside on the grounds. Position requires employee to walk, reach, bend, stoop, kneel, crawl, climb and stand. Position also requires the ability to lift 25 pounds, and have complete mobility throughout the building and on the church grounds.
There is usually no travel required for this position. If there is travel, it will be local and during the workday.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed
by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties,
responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Benefits: access to medical, dental, vision, Paid-time off, and 403b.
How to Apply
how to apply: Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our webpage at bumc.net/employment.
- Date Posted: September 16, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Religious
- Salary Range: 19/hr-19.50/hr
- Working Hours: Monday – Friday 40 hours per week. Position will require some work on evenings and weekends.