Oasis Center: Oasis Center provides a wide range of opportunities that reflect the diverse needs of youth and their families, from crisis intervention to youth leadership and community engagement to college and career access.
STARS: STARS offers evidence-based programs and services for grades K-12 throughout Middle Tennessee.
Position: Youth Opportunity Center Facilities Manager
Summary: This position is responsible for the delivery of identified services and processes that support YOC owners and tenants. The YOC Facilities Coordinator ensures that each participating YOC agency has the most suitable working environment for its employees and their activities. Focus on using best business practices to improve efficiency, by reducing operating costs while increasing productivity is a key objective of this position.
- Direct oversight of the following key functions: facilities and equipment vendors; purchasing and distributing all supplies; facility management; vehicles; orientation; meeting rooms; AV.
- Oversee purchasing processes related to YOC agencies. YOC liaison between office supply vendors and YOC agencies and departments regarding ordering problems and issues with billing related to their area of responsibility. Identify all YOC building related vendors; negotiate and manage all vendor contracts and relationships; purchase all supplies and equipment; proactively seek out new vendors when needed.
- Back-up front desk duties, including front door and phone coverage. Cover YOC associate lunch daily.
- Responsible for all internal moves which include scheduling moving companies, telephone moves and changes and working with the IT and individual departments and companies to ensure a smooth transition.
- Liaison with Maintenance Company, Association Management Company, Security Company and Janitorial Services to assure building repairs, maintenance, security and housekeeping issues and recycling efforts are handled on a timely basis.
- Assist with events including parking management for YOC staff and guests; assist guests as needed with after hours and weekend events. Assist staff and visitors with building related issues, including use of training and conference room services and equipment, booking and leasing of rooms, orientations for new staff members, , and any other related services.
- Oversight of janitorial and maintenance services, including general office cleaning, building repairs, pest control, carpet cleaning and preventative maintenance for YOC and Oasis Emergency Shelter.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Consistently demonstrate ability to take the initiative to make decisions/choices without direct supervision
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field preferred
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word preferred
- Experience with managing audio visual and phone systems preferred
- Superb written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to handle complex events and tasks
- Previous experience working in a shared services environment preferred
- Experience working with information service (IT) providers a plus
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Shanda @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: June 16, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 35K- 45K