Reports to: Director of Exhibits & Facilities
Nature and Scope of Position
Assist in maintaining the overall cleanliness of the museum, and perform a variety of cleaning duties at the Discovery Center. This position is currently Friday – Sunday at approximately 15 hours per week.
Areas of Responsibility
- Daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning of museum facilities, including the outdoor patio and building perimeter, preferably before museum hours.
- Regularly vacuums wipes down, and washes facilities and exhibit components, including glass, carpet, wood, water areas, and all hand-made objects.
- Launders exhibits components as needed.
- Deep cleaning of classrooms and The Studio exhibit areas on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Clean and service all restrooms, and disinfect all toilet bowls, sinks, and countertops. Replenish all toilet rolls and towel dispensers. Remove trash and replace the lining in all trash cans.
- Pick up litter from around the building and grounds.
- Empty garbage and trash receptacles, recycle bins
- Attend monthly staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Exhibits & Facilities
Strong communication skills
Attention to detail
Punctuality and Timeliness
Positive, upbeat attitude
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required:
- One year’s experience in custodial work is preferred.
- Ability to interact effectively, professionally, and courteously with visitors, staff, and volunteers.
- Knowledge of janitorial procedures and ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to operate with interactive and fast-paced team-oriented tasks
- Ability to relate to persons of all ages, diverse backgrounds, skills, and abilities.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work a very flexible schedule that will include nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to work on ladders.
- This job requires periods of standing, sitting, walking, stooping, kneeling, reaching, turning, twisting, bending above and below the waist, use of hands and arms, lifting, talking, hearing, use of computer and keyboard, and use of cleaning supplies and equipment. Must have the ability to use both hands in fine manipulation of small tools; the ability to see well enough to read handwritten and typewritten materials; push/pull up to 10 lbs., and regularly lift up to 25 pounds.
- Noise level varies from quiet to loud
- Temperature varies from hot to cold
How to Apply
Send your resume and three professional references to Jennifer Uhl at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.
- Date Posted: September 28, 2023
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 10/18/2023
- Salary Range: $15-$17/hr
- Working Hours: 10/wk F-S