Operation Stand Down Tennessee
Facilities and Maintenance Technician
Operation Stand Down Tennessee
The Facility and Maintenance Technician is primarily responsible for the provision of maintenance services for the agency’s buildings, equipment, vehicles and operating systems. As such, he/she is responsible for the performance of routine, preventative and problem-solving maintenance activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBIITIES:
1. Perform a range of routine, preventative and/or problem-solving activities (building, demolition, renovation and/or maintenance) on the agency’s physical structures to ensure continuous and safe operations.
2. Perform a range of routine, preventative and/or problem-solving activities on the agency’s equipment to ensure continuous and safe operations.
3. Perform a range of routine, preventative and/or problem-solving activities on the agency’s vehicles to ensure continuous and safe operations.
4. Perform a range of routine, preventative and/or problem-solving activities (building, demolition, renovation and/or maintenance) on the agency’s operating systems (i.e. electric, plumbing, HVAC, vehicles et al.) to ensure continuous and safe operations.
5. Oversee agency janitorial trainees.
6. Complete and document regular inspections of facilities, equipment, vehicles and/or systems consistent with department plan.
7. Complete purchase orders and process purchase orders with required documentation per agency procedures.
8. Maintain written record(s) of jobs completed.
8. Assists, as indicated by team absence, in janitorial and grounds keeping activities.
1. Adheres to Agency and Department policies and procedures
2. Participates in Agency and Department meetings and events, collection of data/information, and Quality Improvement Monitoring and Review.
3. Performs other duties as designated by supervisor or agency.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Two or more years’ experience in facilities maintenance. Associate’s Degree and/or certification and/or licensure in one or more sill areas (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry desired.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of: Spreadsheet Software (Excel); Word Processing Software (Word); Electronic Mail Software (Outlook); and Presentation software (PowerPoint).
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Possess valid, current Tennessee driver’s license.
OTHER SKILL, ABILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Veteran preferred.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Ability to motivate clients and staff toward success.
- Compassionate, energetic and team focused.
- Comfortable in individual, group and public speaking environments.
- Must be able to lift medium to heavy weights, squat, stand for extended periods, crawl in tight spaces, climb ladders etc.
This position is full-time at 40 hours/week beginning immediately.
How to Apply
A resume and cover letter should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Selected candidate must pass a drug test and background check.
- Date Posted: June 22, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Other
- Start Date: 07/15/2020
- Salary Range: $30-35K
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk