External Relations Manager of Refugee & Immigrant Services
External Relations Manager of Refugee & Immigrant Services
Salary Grade/Level/Family/Range: $52,000 – $62,000 per year
Reports to: Executive Director of Refugee and Immigrant Services
Inspiritus’ Refugee & Immigrant Services (RIS) Department works to build welcoming communities for refugees and immigrants and accompanies newcomers on a path from surviving to thriving. Under the direction of the Executive Director of RIS, the External Relations Manager of RIS will be responsible for advocacy, communications, and external relations strategies to support RIS programming in Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee. The External Relations Manager of RIS will collaborate closely with the Inspiritus Development Team to collect, edit and contribute RIS communications content and to collaborate on RIS related fundraising, grants, communications, and partnership stewardship.
- Provide creative, relevant, and academically informed insights, content and strategic guidance to improve RIS’s social media content.
- Improve RIS storytelling capacities by capturing and communicating stories from each of our RIS programs in a way that inspires supporters and the greater community to engage.
- Work collaboratively and maintain good communications with Development staff, especially regarding RIS development plans and partner communications.
- Work collaboratively and maintain good communications with all Inspiritus Executive Directors and Program staff, especially those operating in the same regions and service areas as RIS who may hold key local relationships.
- Assist in creating and disseminating communications materials needed for advocacy, including but not limited to advocacy letters, electronic presentations, and informational packets.
- Develop strong relationships with external partners in the refugee and immigrant community.
- Monitor and evaluate state and federal legislation that affect refugees and immigrants and initiate advocacy and outreach efforts, public opinion research, website content.
- Participate in Coalition of Refugee Services Agencies (CRSA) meetings and collaborate in preparation of the annual New Americans Celebration and World Refugee Day events in Georgia, Alabama, and Tennessee.
- Represent Inspiritus by participating in local and regional advocacy coalitions and partnerships that highlight the strengths and contributions of refugee and immigrant communities.
- In partnership with the program teams, develop a bank of programmatic success stories and client photos for use in external communications and funding applications and reports.
- Assist RIS program teams and Development team by developing content for promotional materials, including an annual impact report and program flyers.
- Assist with stakeholder engagement and communications for quarterly consultations.
- Understands and is aware of all aspects of the programs’ contractual requirements.
- Collaborates with the Development Team to ensure that communication and advocacy efforts are consistent with organization wide goals and strategies.
- Work with the Development Team to provide information and assistance for grant applications, contract proposals, and fund follow-up reports.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date RIS mail and email lists.
- Support Development team efforts for RIS, as needed, including but not limited to: stewarding existing and potential supporter relationships, providing funding follow-up reports, providing content for RIS related communications, helping to identify and research potential new funding opportunities (individuals, faith groups, corporations, foundations, government, etc.), supporting the development of new or increased funding;
- Maintain personal and professional boundaries in the performance of the job.
- Forge mutually respectful partnerships with clients, co-workers, and volunteers.
- Participate in Inspiritus functions and public relations activities.
- Participate in training and professional conferences to keep abreast of current trends.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Highly Skilled Verbal & Written Communication
- Fundraising Experience: Grants and/or Donor Development
- Partnership & Relationship Management
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Problem Solving & Critical Thinking
- Cultural Competence
- Demonstrated Ethical & Professional Behavior
- Advances Human Rights and Social and Economic Justice
- Stress Tolerance
- Adaptability & Flexibility
- Ensures training requirements and needs are met.
- May conduct in-service training.
- Monitors performance and adherence to Inspiritus’ mission, policies, procedures and service philosophy.
- Attends management training.
This is a remote position which requires primary residence within the state of Georgia. Exceptions may be possible based on residence proximity to the area of where Inspiritus provides Refugee and Immigrant Services programming.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Weekend events may also be required.
Regularly required to talk and hear in person and on the telephone. Required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls: and reach with hands and arms to operate computer and other office equipment. Required to operate a personal vehicle. Employees frequently lift and or moves up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travels up to 25% of the time to attend events, meetings and training. While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee travels by automobile and is exposed to changing weather conditions.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications or public relations, Organizational Development, International Development, Non-profit Management, or related fields required and minimum of three years of previous experience working in advocacy, public relations, development, fundraising, corporate sales/marketing, program management (human services), or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Social Media, & diverse communications software/online tools.
- Quick and proficient at learning new digital apps, tools and programs.
- Must be a respectful and effective communicator with internal teams and external partners.
- Strong communications skills, including verbal, writing and proofreading.
- Experience in planning for, implementation of and oversight of advanced, complex and robust data management systems (i.e. identifying, gathering, tracking, analyzing and reporting).
- Must possess strong analytical skills and evaluation techniques.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with close attention to detail.
- Experience working in a culturally diverse environment and high level of cultural competence.
- Conviction about the capacity of people to grow and change.
- Excellent computer skills, accurate typing, and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must have the ability to communicate with all persons in a culturally competent manner.
- Must be sensitive to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience managing and leading refugee and Immigrant-serving programs in the United States or abroad, including Reception & Placement, Matching Grant, Refugee Social Services, Intensive Case Management, Refugee Microenterprise, Home Study and Post Release Services and other Office of Refugee Resettlement programming.
- Successful Public Relations and/or Development experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Benefits at a glance
Inspiritus is a faith-based nonprofit that drives positive social change in communities across Georgia, Tennessee, and Alabama. Formerly known as Lutheran Services of Georgia and Lutheran Services in Tennessee (since 1929), our organizations merged in January of 2019 to form Inspiritus.
The new name embodies the essence of our mission and vision. Inspirit means to fill with strength or courage, and that is what we do. We are inspired. Learn more at weinspirit.org
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. Working at Inspiritus means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual professional environment, career development opportunities, and benefits like health care, Paid Time Off, flex hours, and a 403b match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful, we would love to hear from you.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please visit https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=59269&clientkey=CB88133EB20DD5151828F4B95483B0B7
- Date Posted: October 31, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: $52,000 - $62,000 per year
- Working Hours: Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Weekend events may also be required.