External Relations Associate
Based in Nashville, ThinkTennessee is a nonpartisan, results-oriented think tank that uses research and advocacy to build a state where all Tennesseans are civically engaged and economically secure.
We believe our state does best when voters have a say in the decisions that impact their lives and workers earn enough to support their families. That’s why we focus our work on researching and then advocating for policies that empower voters, support working families and build a shared understanding of how our state stacks up nationally.
The External Relations Associate will help broaden ThinkTennessee’s impact by providing communications, development and event-planning support to our growing team.
ThinkTennessee is currently working remotely. We will resume some form of in-person work later this year.
More information about ThinkTennessee is available at www.thinktennessee.org.
Fuel Our Communications Efforts
- Design policy briefs, PowerPoint presentations, social media graphics, video and other deliverables.
- Create a social media strategy to grow online presence and engagement with media, policymakers, partners and the public.
- Assist staff in implementing our communications plan, including through daily media monitoring and outreach, as needed.
- Draft communications materials, including press releases, media advisories and email newsletters.
- Proofread public communications for spelling, grammar, syntax and brand voice.
- Maintain website.
Support Our Fundraising and Development Work
- Create and manage digital fundraising campaigns.
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective supporters, including foundations, individuals and others.
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- Maintain fundraising database; use it to generate mailing lists and event invitations.
Provide Event-Planning and Administrative Support
- Assist staff in planning and executing events, including policy forums, fundraisers and board meetings.
- Administer our law clerk, research assistant and internship programs.
- Lend a hand with other duties as needed.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to manage work streams on various project teams and balance multiple priorities.
- Extremely strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Rigorous attention to detail and the highest standards for excellence in execution.
- Passion for and demonstrated commitment to ThinkTennessee’s mission.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to flourish in a start-up environment and adapt to changing priorities and duties within the organization’s overall mission.
ThinkTennessee is an equal opportunity employer. As an organization focused on moving Tennessee forward, we understand that diverse teams are stronger, more innovative and more productive. Interested candidates who do not meet all listed criteria should still apply, as our organizational structure focuses on providing opportunities for professional growth.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. We offer comprehensive benefits, including healthcare, retirement, paid family leave and paid time off.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com by June 14, 2021.
- Date Posted: May 18, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: 40,000-45,000