External Relations Associate
The External Relations Associate will help broaden ThinkTennessee’s impact by providing communications, graphic design, development, and event-planning support to our dynamic team. The External Relations Associate will report to the External Relations Director to advance our communications efforts and grow our relationships with external stakeholders. As part of a small and growing team, this position will also support other organizational needs depending on workload and priority deliverables.
- Draft and publish content for ThinkTennessee’s social media platforms, newsletters, and website.
- Assist in the graphic design of print and digital collateral.
- Monitor media coverage of ThinkTennessee and its priority issues.
- Support fundraising efforts through funder research, digital campaigns, and management of database/CRM.
- Manage and oversee ThinkTennessee’s internship program.
- Perform office administration tasks as needed, e.g., scheduling and logistics for team meetings, events, and board meetings and/or other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- 2+ years relevant work experience.
- Experience working with social media and scheduling platforms, e.g., Hootsuite, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, preferred.
- Proficiency in Canva or other graphic design software preferred.
- Extremely strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Ability to ideate and bring graphic design concepts to life.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well as part of a team and across organizations.
- Passion for and demonstrated commitment to ThinkTennessee’s mission.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Rigorous attention to detail and the highest standards for excellence in execution.
- Ability to manage work streams on various project teams and balance multiple priorities.
- Ability to flourish in a start-up environment and adapt to changing priorities and duties within the organization’s overall mission.
Competitive salary ($45,000-$55,000) commensurate with experience. We offer comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental/vision insurance, retirement, paid family leave, transportation benefits, and generous paid time off, including sick leave, vacation days, and paid holidays.
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 5.
COMMITMENT TO A DIVERSE WORKPLACE
ThinkTennessee is an equal-opportunity employer. As an organization focused on moving Tennessee forward, we understand that diverse teams are stronger, more innovative, and more productive. Interested candidates who do not meet all listed criteria should still apply, as our organizational structure focuses on providing opportunities for professional growth.
- Date Posted: May 8, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Other
- Salary Range: 45,000-55,000