External Outreach Coordinator
TennCare is Tennessee’s managed care Medicaid program that provides health insurance coverage to certain groups of low-income individuals such as pregnant women, children, caretaker relatives of young children, older adults, and adults with physical disabilities. TennCare provides coverage for approximately 1.4 million Tennesseans and operates with an annual budget of approximately $12 billion. It is run by the Division of TennCare with oversight and some funding from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
WHY WORK AT TENNCARE?
TennCare’s mission is to improve the lives of Tennesseans by providing high-quality cost-effective care. To fulfill that purpose, we equip each employee for active participation and empower teams to communicate and work collaboratively to improve organizational processes in order to make a difference in the lives our members. Because of the positive impact TennCare has on the lives of the most vulnerable Tennesseans, TennCare employees report that their work provides them with a sense of meaning, purpose, and accomplishment. TennCare leadership understands that employees are our most valuable resource and ensures professional and leadership development are a priority for the agency.
The TennCare Communications Department oversees both external and internal communication efforts for the agency. This includes coordinating and responding to local and national media requests, developing communications strategies, creating and editing supporting materials including press releases, fliers, brochures, and presentations. The TennCare Communications Department coordinates and maintains the agency’s social media platforms, manages the videography efforts, as well as internal communications for the more than 1,200 employees and nearly 1,000 contract and temporary resource employees. The department also coordinates the development of materials and messages that are shared with the 1.4 million citizens receiving TennCare benefits.
- Establish and maintain relationships with and serve as a liaison for other Tennessee state agency’s with which TennCare works including but not limited to the Department of Human Services, the Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, the Department of Children Services, the governor’s communications office to support development of coordinated external communications efforts.
- Coordinate external outreach communications efforts between the agency and the three managed care organizations.
- Create and assist in distribution of informational materials including but not limited to one-pagers, brochures, fliers, reports, etc.
- Support agency’s video efforts including but not limited to video recording, interviewing, video editing, creation of animated videos using Go Animate or Captiva platforms.
- Serve as a media relation contact to support the Director of Communications, as needed, with activities including but not limited to responding to media requests, drafting and/or distributing press releases, drafting or distributing departmental communication materials.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a focus and/or course work in communications, public relations, marketing, and/or broadcasting.
- Proficient with Adobe products such as InDesign, Illustrator, PhotoShop, Premiere Pro or comparable programs
- Comfortable with public speaking and speaking with media as needed
- Skilled in videography and video editing
- Knowledgeable about AP Style
- Familiarity with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- 3-5 years of work experience in communications, public relations, and/or broadcasting is desirable.
Please go the the State of Tennessee’s Benefits page for more information about the great benefits aavailble to state employees: https://www.tn.gov/hr/employees1/benefits.html.
How to Apply
Please go to https://www.tn.gov/careers/apply-here.html to apply for this job today.
- Date Posted: March 19, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Government