Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle TN
External Affairs Assistant
Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle TN
Provides administrative support to Chief Development & Marketing Officer as well as intra-department and organizational linkage; serves as a front-line ambassador for department, cultivates relationships, and engages with others to further Second Harvest’s mission; contributes creative problem-solving and writing skills to projects and assignments; communicates with highest level of confidentially and professionalism.
- Assists Chief Development & Marketing Officer in communications, organization, document and presentation creation, calendar management, meeting coordination, research, and other duties assigned.
- Maintains Chief Development & Marketing Officer’s donor portfolio in Raiser’s Edge and assist in portfolio management.
- Serves as first point of contact for the External Affairs (EA) Department:
- Internal – meeting coordination, communications, administrative support, calendar management, expense reports, and supply requests
- External – timely and professional follow-up with donors, firstname.lastname@example.org management, and gift processing.
- Provides administrative support to development, database, and marketing/communications teams.
- Provides administrative and project support for development, marketing, and volunteer initiatives, events, campaigns, and programs as needed.
- Assists Executive Assistant to the President & CEO with communications and other requests for the External Affairs Committee.
- Participates in Tour Guide Committee and represents organization at small engagements and fairs, as needed.
- Handles in-kind and other donations as requested by supervisor – processes acknowledgements and ensures accurate information recorded in Raiser’s Edge.
- Helps cover breaks for the Front Desk Coordinator.
Other tasks as assigned.
Reports to: Chief Development & Marketing Officer.
No supervisory responsibilities.
- Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM.
- On occasion duties may be necessary, as well as responding to issues, outside of normal working hours (e.g., disaster response, community events, etc.)
- 10% travel required.
- Routine travel is required within the service area; occasional travel for overnight trainings may be necessary.
- Current driver’s license required; copy of current auto insurance; and clean MVR required.
2- 4 years of related experience and/or training.
Skills & Capabilities:
- Computer proficiency required in PowerPoint/presentation software, word processing, office suite applications (including Excel), Outlook, Raiser’s Edge (or similar software) and social media platforms.
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to coordinate and direct projects with attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication abilities.
- Display high levels of customer service.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and willing to support others with a wide range of tasks.
- Self-motivated and willing to develop new skills.
Combination of education, experience, and/or training that provides the required knowledge and skills for the position may be considered in lieu of education/experience at the organization’s discretion.
Second Harvest is proud to offer a rich and affordable benefits package that makes total compensation of full-time employment higher than base pay alone. The time off policies include: holidays, vacation, sick and personal time off as well as other time off benefits as required by law. Traditional benefits are also offered that include medical (100% employer paid/ no cost to employee for employee only coverage), dental and vision. Additional benefits are offered that include: retirement (with a generous employer match), disability insurance (short and long-term), life insurance as well as long-term care insurance.
How to Apply
There are three main ways to apply for employment with Second Harvest Food Bank:
- Apply online through this link: http://www.secondharvestmidtn.org/job-opportunities/?gnk=job&gni=8a7885a8610ccc3f01611075fe556bcc&gns=CNM
- You’ll be able to upload your resume and cover letter from the website as well
- Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Visit in-person to complete the physical application and leave any other materials that you’d like: 331 Great Circle Road, Nashville, TN 37228.
- Date Posted: October 23, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Other
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs/wk, M-F, 8 AM - 4:30 PM