Executive Assistant to TSPN and TAADAS Executive Directors
- Liaison for the Executive Directors of TAADAS and TSPN for project management, event planning and meeting coordination
- Staffs, coordinates, and records minutes of TSPN staff meetings, Advisory Board meetings as well as related committees and meetings.
- Assist in planning and coordinating the TSPN statewide conferences.
- Act as liaison between TSPN and Governor’s Office to coordinate Advisory Council appointments. Maintains accurate records of all appointments
- Assists TSPN Executive Director with administrative paperwork including, but not limited to: entering outcomes, completing check requests and other financial documentation
- Serve as point of contact for TSPN Memorial Quilts, International Suicide Memorial Wall, and staff material requests
- Maintains QPR Trainer database, acts as liaison between QPR Institute and TSPN to ensure all QPR Trainer records are accurate
- Coordinate purchases of various TSPN items, including TSPN swag, and securing purchase bids when appropriate; working closely with TSPN Deputy Director to update inventory spreadsheet monthly.
- Assist in planning and coordinating TAADAS Day on the Hill with Lobbyist and Staffs TAADAS Executive Committee, Membership meeting, and Legislative Committee; schedules additional committee meetings, takes notes, distributes meeting information and tracks work plan issues
- Send announcements, coordinate material for distribution, and coordinate advocacy activities and presentations for the TAADAS Legislative Committee;
- Assist in planning and coordinating the TAADAS Recovery Month dinner and awards.
- Providing administrative assistance, such as writing and editing emails, drafting memos and preparing communications on the executive’s behalf
- Organizing meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders and organizing catering when necessary
- Answering incoming phone calls in a polite and professional manner and accurately taking messages
- Coordinating travel arrangements
- Using various software, including word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software to prepare reports and/or special projects
- Regularly track and communicate to TSPN training request needs and volunteer request statewide.
- Event Coordinator
- Coordinate the distribution of event information to TAADAS and TSPN members and volunteers, service providers, coalition partners, and legislative members and staff at the direction of the Executive Directors
- Create materials for each assigned event including a sign-in sheet, evaluations, awards, agendas or programs
- Develop and distribute event flyers, mailings and social media in coordination with the other media staff
- Maintain event information in TAADAS calendars, updates mailing lists
- Purchasing Agent
- Maintains list of approved supply vendors
- Coordinates additional supply vendors as needed and directed by an Executive Director
- Ensures that bids are developed for any purchase of an individual item over $500
- Works with each program area supervisor to develop a list of supplies needed and places orders to ensure that equipment and supplies are procured in a timely manner; this includes shipments to off-site employees
- Maintains and stocks office supply cabinet
- Maintains equipment, computer and depreciation lists
- Administrative Responsibilities
- Prepares task lists from TAADAS and TSPN meeting minutes and other events for the Executive Directors review and calendars
- Maintains Executive Directors’ calendars
- Assists with any other meeting scheduling, agendas and minutes as assigned
- Retrieves and sorts mail; logs any checks or payments received.
- Takes and responds to general calls for TAADAS and TSPN.
- Other Duties
- Answers REDLINE calls when urgently needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Exceptional writing skills including the ability to maintain records of meetings, track issues and analyze points of view or potential outcomes
- Possesses a Bachelor’s degree in a behavioral science or human development related area, political science or in administrative services, media or marketing
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft products, marketing software and development of marketing materials preferred; Knowledge and experience working with social media, Survey Monkey, Constant Contact, Eventbrite are essential. Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and Microsoft Teams a plus
- Experience with project management- knowledge of project management software is a plus
- Ability to be proactive and take initiative on assignments
- Knowledge of substance abuse and suicide prevention preferred
- Administrative assistant experience is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Problem-solving, decision making skills, time management and attention to detail
- Ability to act as gatekeeper and escalate relevant information to executives as needed
- Skilled in the use of standard office equipment (e.g., copiers, business telephone systems, projectors, fax machines).
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to treat confidential information with appropriate discretion
- Ability to work well within a cross-functional team environment and diverse communities.
Dental. Health. Vision, Life, 401k paid holidays
How to Apply
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: April 7, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: 30,000 - 35,000 DOE
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs/wk; M-F