Assistant to Executive Director of TSPN and the Executive Director of TAADAS
- Liaison for the Executive Directors of TAADAS and TSPN for project management, event planning and meeting coordination
- Staffs, coordinates, and records minutes of TSPN staff meetings, Advisory Board meetings as well as related committees and meetings.
- Assist in planning and coordinating the TSPN statewide conferences.
- Act as liaison between TSPN and Governor’s Office to coordinate Advisory Council appointments. Maintains accurate records of all appointments
- Assists TSPN Executive Director with administrative paperwork including, but not limited to: entering outcomes, completing check requests and other financial documentation
- Serve as point of contact for TSPN Memorial Quilts, International Suicide Memorial Wall, and staff material requests
- Maintains QPR Trainer database, acts as liaison between QPR Institute and TSPN to ensure all QPR Trainer records are accurate
- Coordinate purchases of various TSPN & TAADAS items, including TSPN/TAADAS swag, and securing purchase bids when appropriate
- Assist in planning and coordinating TAADAS Day on the Hill with Lobbyist and Staffs TAADAS Executive Committee, Membership meeting, and Legislative Committee; schedules additional committee meetings, takes notes, distributes meeting information and tracks work plan issues
- Send announcements, coordinate material for distribution, and coordinate advocacy activities and presentations for the TAADAS Legislative Committee;
- Assist in planning and coordinating the TAADAS Recovery Month dinner and awards.
- Providing administrative assistance, such as writing and editing emails, drafting memos and preparing communications on the executive’s behalf
- Organizing meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders and organizing catering when necessary
- Answering incoming phone calls in a polite and professional manner and accurately taking messages
- Coordinating travel arrangements
- Using various software, including word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software to prepare reports and/or special projects
- Coordinate the distribution of event information to TAADAS and TSPN members and volunteers, service providers, coalition partners, and legislative members and staff at the direction of the Executive Directors
- Create materials for each assigned event including a sign-in sheet, evaluations, awards, agendas or programs
- Develop and distribute event flyers, mailings and social media in coordination with the other media staff
- Maintain event information in TAADAS calendars, updates mailing lists
- Maintains list of approved supply vendors
- Coordinates additional supply vendors as needed and directed by an Executive Director
- Ensures that bids are developed for any purchase of an individual item over $500
- Works with each program area supervisor to develop a list of supplies needed and places orders to ensure that equipment and supplies are procured in a timely manner; this includes shipments to off-site employees
- Maintains and stocks office supply cabinet
- Maintains equipment, computer and depreciation lists
- Prepares task lists from TAADAS and TSPN meeting minutes and other events for the Executive Directors review and calendars
- Maintains Executive Directors’ calendars
- Assists with any other meeting scheduling, agendas and minutes as assigned
- Retrieves and sorts mail; logs any checks or payments received.
- Takes and responds to general calls for TAADAS and TSPN.
- Answers REDLINE calls when urgently needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Exceptional writing skills including the ability to maintain records of meetings, track issues and analyze points of view or potential outcomes
- Possesses a Bachelor’s degree in a behavioral science or human development related area, political science or in administrative services, media or marketing
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft products, marketing software and development of marketing materials preferred; Knowledge and experience working with social media, Survey Monkey, Constant Contact, Eventbrite are essential. Advanced Microsoft Excel skills a plus
- Experience with project management
- Ability to be proactive and take initiative on assignments
- Knowledge of substance abuse and suicide prevention preferred
- Administrative assistant experience is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Problem-solving, decision making skills, time management and attention to detail
- Ability to act as gatekeeper and escalate relevant information to executives as needed
- Skilled in the use of standard office equipment (e.g., copiers, business telephone systems, projectors, fax machines).
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to treat confidential information with appropriate discretion
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to complete tasks for two different entities simultaneously
Health Insurance – The Agency pays an amount equal to 80% of the monthly premium cost for individual coverage. The employee pays the remaining 20% cost through payroll deduction. Employees can add family coverage at their own cost which will be paid through payroll deduction. Coverage becomes effective on the 1st day of the month following 30 days of employment. Complete details of the health plan are described in the new hire presentation provided to new eligible employees.
Vision Insurance – Employees may elect vision insurance at their own cost under the State of TN group plan, the premiums of which will be paid through payroll deductions. Coverage becomes effective on the 1st day of the month following 30 days of employment. Complete details of the vision plan are described in the new hire presentation provided to eligible employees.
Dental Insurance – Employees may elect dental insurance at their own cost under TAADAS’ group plan, the premiums of which will be paid through payroll deductions. Coverage becomes effective on the 1st day of the month following 90 days of employment.
Life Insurance – Coverage is provided for all full-time employees under a group term policy with The Hartford Company. The benefit amount is $50,000. This premium is 100% paid by TAADAS. Details of the life insurance are flyer provided to eligible employees. Coverage becomes effective on the 1st day of the month following 180 days of employment.
Long Term Disability Insurance – TAADAS pays 100% for your Long Term Disability Insurance premium with Sun Life Financial. Benefit highlights are described in the flyer provided to eligible employees. Coverage becomes effective on the 1st day of the month following 90 days of employment.
Simple IRA Retirement Plan – TAADAS has established a “Simple IRA” savings plan to provide employees the potential for future financial security for retirement. Eligibility for the IRA plan begins immediately upon hire for employees who are reasonably expected to make at least $5000.00 in compensation for the calendar year. Thereafter, you may join the plan only during the open enrollment period, which occurs in a 60 day window between November 2nd and December 31st each year.
The Simple IRA allows you to elect how much salary you want to contribute (up to current federal limits) so you can tailor your retirement package to meet your individual needs. TAADAS also contributes an additional matching amount of up to three percent (3 %) of the employee’s salary.
Vacation – The amount of paid vacation time employees receive each year increases with the length of their employment as shown in the following schedule:
0 – 5 Years of Service………………………4.33 hours per pay period (three weeks)
5 – 10 Years of Service……………………..5.77 hours per pay period (four weeks)
10 + Years of Service……………………….7.21 hours per pay period (five weeks)
Sick Leave – Full Time employees will accrue sick leave benefits at an annual rate of 64 and unused sick leave can be accumulated up to a maximum of thirty days.
How to Apply
Email resume to email@example.com.
- Date Posted: July 7, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs/wk; M-F