Governor's Early Literacy Foundation
Executive Operations Manager
Governor's Early Literacy Foundation
Reporting directly to the Vice President, the Executive Operations Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Foundation while balancing the responsibilities of facilities management, vendor and partner relations, and program and development team support. Working closely with the Vice President, this position will assist with staff transitions and onboarding of new team members, planning of special events, and managing monthly/annual financial processes. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Operations Manager will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Oversees the Foundation’s operational systems, processes, and infrastructure while seeking opportunities for improvement or revision.
- Anticipates and tracks operational and tactical risks, providing strategic solutions.
- Establishes and maintains credible, professional relationships with clients, donors, stakeholders, and external vendors.
- Assesses a variety of situations involving stakeholders and constituents, resolves issues of medium complexity and escalates to an appropriate level when required, and provides clarity to team and stakeholders.
- Solicits and responds to feedback within and outside the organization while gaining commitment and support for the Foundation’s mission and projects.
- Collaborates with other team members to ensure seamless business execution, reinforce positive morale, and uphold company values.
- Responsible for ensuring consistency of tech and operations infrastructure between team members’ focus areas.
- Coordinates and oversees calendars, meetings, and events for Executive Leadership.
- Works with Program Managers and the Development Director to help meet quarterly and annual goals.
- Plays a supporting role in strategic planning, program status reporting, and implementation of new initiatives.
- Stays up to date on nonprofit regulations, trends, and operational support technology.
- Works closely with the executive leadership team to ensure all operational, administrative, and compliance functions within the firm are being properly executed in accordance with regulatory-based best practices.
Operations Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills to coordinate a variety of project activities with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively, written or verbal, with a multitude of different stakeholders respectfully and appropriately
- Addressing operational concerns and issues, monitoring overall stakeholder and constituent satisfaction
- Developing and implementing operational procedures and policies
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills; Ability to conduct research for special projects, respond timely to inquiries, and present clear and succinct written/oral briefings
- Ability to work with details, confidential and time-sensitive issues
- Good decision-making skills and response to high-pressure situations
- Detailed understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution, etc.)
- Proficient in MS Office 365 (Excel, Access, Word, etc.) and Salesforce
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- An ability to work cross-functionally and be supportive to multiple team members
- Familiarity with Tableau is desirable
Reports to: Vice President
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in program management, business or public administration, finance/accounting, or related fields
Experience: Minimum of two (2) years of recent administrative or project management experience
Allowable Substitutions: A combination of education, experience, and/or training that provides the required knowledge and skills for the position may be considered in lieu of education/experience at the organization’s discretion.
- Competitive salary ($55-65,000/annual compensation)
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- TN Consolidated Retirement Plan/401k and 457 Plans
How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply, please follow this LINK.
- Complete the Predictive Index assessment and cognitive assessment.
- Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone or email for in-person interviews.
- Date Posted: September 23, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 11/01/2021
- Salary Range: 55-65,000.00
- Working Hours: M-F, 8:30am - 4:30pm