Mental Health America of the MidSouth
Mental Health America of the MidSouth
Mental Health America of the MidSouth (MHA-MidSouth) is seeking an experienced professional to serve as its Executive Director. This individual will be responsible for leading the organization, its staff, and Board of Directors. The Executive Director serves as the key management leader of the organization and is ultimately responsible for oversight of all administrative, fiscal, programmatic, and strategic initiatives for the agency. Other critical areas of oversight/functionality include fundraising, outreach, and diversification of programs/services.
The Executive Director reports to the MHA-MidSouth Board of Directors, which includes the Executive Director and community volunteers committed to raising awareness and decreasing stigma associated with mental health. In conjunction with the Board and agency’s leadership team, the Executive Director will provide visionary leadership for MHA-MidSouth and will work collaboratively to ensure that its activities support the overall mission of the organization. The Executive Director will work diligently to represent and promote the organization with various stakeholders including but not limited to individuals with mental health issues as well as their families/caregivers, key state departments, various community organizations, regional and national entities, and public officials/policymakers. This individual will focus on strategic development and implementation as well as work closely with staff on the development of new programs and services and related business opportunities while ensuring overall fiscal viability.
The Executive Director will need to be committed to the enhanced development of MHA-MidSouth at this extremely dynamic time in the field of behavioral health while providing increased visibility of the organization. Specific responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Implement Board-approved policies and a comprehensive strategic plan for MHA-MidSouth.
- Develop relationships with new major donors to maintain and build a quality donor base.
- Create effective community partnerships leading to successful special events including a comprehensive annual campaign.
- Establish the organizational and personnel structure for the MHA-MidSouth office.
- Manage the financial affairs of the organization within an approved budget and financial policies.
- Plan and coordinate all key stakeholder meetings.
- Provide oversight and management of all agency contracts.
- Participate in National Mental Health America meetings as appropriate.
- Serve as spokesperson and community liaison for the organization.
- Lead effective promotional programs to represent the best interests of MHA-MidSouth.
- Ensure the legal integrity of the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- Master’s degree in business or healthcare management with a mental health emphasis.
- 5+ years of related experience with a proven track record of development and growth.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in business management, strategic planning, finance, human resources, operations, and nonprofit advocacy.
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ardent passion and demonstrated advocacy for behavioral health.
- Proven leadership abilities with a focus on mission and vision development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional relationship development and collaboration skills.
- Exemplary character and excellent leadership/executive presence.
- Ability to navigate an ever-changing industry environment.
Comprehensive Benefits Package
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to Deb Hennessee at email@example.com
- Date Posted: June 10, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: Negotiable based on qualifications and experience.