Preston Taylor Ministries
4014 Indiana Ave
Nashville, TN 37209
Preston Taylor Ministries
Preston Taylor Ministries (PTM) is a Christian-based non-profit organization that exists to provide safe and fun neighborhood programming for kids to learn and grow. Programs include after school tutoring, summer field trips, seasonal sports, one-on-one mentoring, bible studies, camps, and more. These programs for kids are supported by PTM staff, community and parent volunteers, and generous donors that support the work of PTM. PTM empowers Preston Taylor children and youth to discover and live their God-inspired dreams, develop a love for learning, and build joy-filled friendships that glorify Christ Jesus.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will keep the heart of Preston Taylor Ministries in alignment with the mission, vision, and core values. The Executive Director will execute the mission, oversee operations, mentor staff, and promote growth and development of programs. This is a full-time, exempt salaried position of 40 hours per week that reports to the Board of Directors.
Role and Responsibilities
- A passion for PTM’s mission of empowering children and youth to discover and live their God-inspirited dreams, develop a love for learning, and build joy-filled friendships that glorify Christ Jesus.
- Our next leader should have a deep commitment and connection to matters of diversity, equity, and inclusion. The Executive Director will have the role of encouraging a culture of unity among a diverse group of staff with positivity and passion for our mission. This person should influence other leaders in all departments to approach their work in a fair and equitable way. Our focus will be on continuing to diversify our volunteer and donor sources, staffing and hiring practices, and continue advancing our DEI practices internally. This leader will be someone who understands this priority and works toward making us better.
- We are looking for a strong leader that can organize and motivate the PTM staff towards positivity and effectiveness. This person will lead, coach, develop and retain PTM staff. He or she will hold staff accountable to the policies, procedures and expectations of the organization.
- This person will partner closely with the board in leading strategic direction for both ongoing operations as well as new growth opportunities for PTM. He or she will ensure ongoing program excellence and he or she will be responsible for regularly evaluating programs to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
- The Executive Director at PTM will help shape the fundraising strategy that supports existing program operations. He or she will also look for new ways to diversify fundraising sources for the organization.
- A major skillset for this role will be outstanding communication skills in order to build relationships with current ongoing donors and build new donor relationships. The role will include overseeing all aspects of communications—in house and externally.
- This leader will have an understanding of non-profit organizations and their financial structures and how to set direction and manage the budget.
- We want this individual to develop long term connections with students and families in the Preston Taylor community. He or she will be a person who can listen to the community and someone the children and families in our community can trust.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s in a related field
- 7+ years of experience in non-profit, church leadership, education, or other relevant environments
- 5+ years in leadership roles directly hiring, coaching, and managing a service-based staff
- 2+ years leading fundraising operations/efforts in a relevant setting
- 2+ years in budget management roles within a non-profit or similar environment
- Strong communications skills. A persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to an organization
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Ability to occasionally work evening and weekend hours when required
- Employer paid health insurance and family coverage
- Eight paid holidays
- Paid time off program
How to Apply
Applying for the Executive Director Position at PTM
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to Lori Willeford at Lori@prestontaylorministries.org.
Additional details provided in a Job Profile here: ED-Job-Profile.pdf (prestontaylorministries.org)
- Date Posted: September 14, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Working Hours: 40 hours plus some weekend activities