Blake McMeans Foundation
Blake McMeans Foundation
The purpose of the Blake McMeans Foundation and Blake’s Promise Tour is to develop and present educational programs with an emphasis on educating young people about the dangers of drinking and driving, as well as making destructive decisions.
The Executive Director (ED) is the key management leader of the Blake McMeans Foundation. The ED is responsible for overseeing the administration, fundraising, programs, community outreach and strategic plan of the organization. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors; serve as ex-officio of each committee; seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for ongoing operations
- Actively engage and energize the foundation’s board members, event committees, and partnering organizations.
- Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components; measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, donors, and other constituents.
Fundraising & Communications
- Assume overall responsibility for all fundraising activities, including, but not limited to, corporate giving, individual giving, major gifts, special events, and annual giving
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the foundation
- Expand fundraising activities to support existing program operations as well as expansion.
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
- Develop and implement comprehensive strategy for securing sustainable funding and works with Board of Directors on its implementation
- Develop and manage stewardship process of all donors and sponsors, including processing gifts and thank you letters
- Develop and implement major fundraising events to meet revenue goals
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Create and distribute e-newsletters and annual impact reports
Mission & Strategy
- Work with Board to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Secure speaking engagements that carry out the foundation’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that the foundation can successfully fulfill its mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of the foundation’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Assume ultimate responsibility for the success of all programs
- Oversee the planning and implementation of program events
- Manage all administrative duties and day-to-day operational needs
- Review and approve contracts for services
- Develop, monitor, and balance the budget, including reviewing monthly financial statements, tracking all expenses and revenue, and adjusting spending/fundraising plans as needed
- Oversee timely and accurate processing of all revenue and invoices
- Maintain accurate records of all donations and donor information
- Responsible for maintaining the general ledger in QuickBooks
- Responsible for bank deposits and monthly bank reconciliation
- Complete paperwork, reports and renewals needed to maintain 501(c)(3) status
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years of nonprofit development experience
- Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors (preferred)
- High level strategic thinking and planning; ability to envision and convey the foundation’s strategic future to the board and donors.
- Ability to effectively communicate the foundation’s mission to donors and the overall community.
- Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies and volunteers.
- Strong organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, and familiarity/comfort with online database management systems
$2500 monthly stipend towards health insurance
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls please.
- Date Posted: September 10, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Other
- Salary Range: 45,000-54,000
- Working Hours: 30 hrs/week