Beersheba Springs Medical Clinic
Beersheba Springs Medical Clinic is seeking to employ an energetic, passionate, and adaptive leader as the Executive Director.
Beersheba Springs Medical Clinic is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) medical facility established by and for the community of Beersheba Springs, Tennessee and is located on top of the Cumberland Plateau, 25 miles south of McMinnville, Tennessee, and a 75-minute drive from Chattanooga and Nashville. The Clinic and its services are a lifeline for many in our community and its services are at no cost to our patients; we have no government funding and we do not accept insurance, Medicare, Medicaid. We are fully dependent upon grants, fundraisers, and donations.
The Executive Director is responsible for coordinating all fundraising efforts, managing clinic operations and administration, and building relationships with organizations involved in improving the health and conditions in the BSMC service area.
We are looking for the right person who is aligned with the mission and vision of the of BSMC, to promote, protect, and improve the health of persons (especially the medically indigent) in Beersheba Springs and the surrounding area, preferably has experience in non-profit organizations and fundraising, and has strong organizational and administrative abilities, time management, and attention to detail.
The Executive Director of the Beersheba Springs Medical Clinic (BSMC) along with the board members, Medical Directors, clinic staff and advisory board ensures that the operation of the clinic is consistent with its mission. The mission of BSMC is to promote, protect and improve the health of people, especially the uninsured and medically indigent in and around Beersheba Springs and surrounding counties. This position is accountable to the BSMC board and is part time (20-30 hours/week). Salary commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to
- Direct and coordinate all fundraising efforts throughout the year including Dash to the Door event, annual appeal, and sustained giving program.
- Maintain the donor database using the DonorPerfect program.
- Identify and solicit new major donors and maintain current sources of income for clinic operation and growth.
- Assist Board President with educating and encouraging fund raising among board members to their highest ability. Develop materials as necessary.
- Maintain relationships and membership with professional nonprofit and charitable networks.
2. Clinic management:
- Coordinate clinical operations with medical, professional and support staff weekly.
- Conduct staff meetings monthly.
- Coordinate and maintain with medical directors and medical resident supervisors existing relationships with Erlanger, St. Thomas and Yale Schools of medicine.
- Support dental services in coordination with dental staff and major donor Smile 180.
- Interact with other organizations that can provide services consistent with the mission and explore the development of new services and programs with medical staff as opportunities and funding present.
- Interview and negotiate compensation for paid staff with the executive committee.
- Coordinate budget, income and expenditures with the board treasurer in a shared, collaborative space.
- Review and maintain bylaws, revise the Business Plan annually and formulate long-term strategic plans with the Board.
- Arrange consultants for fundraising and strategic planning as requested and appropriate.
- Meet regularly with the Board President to plan and conduct bi-monthly board meetings with appropriate materials, discuss fundraising efforts, committee appointments, by laws, business and strategic plan, website, social media, and newsletter.
- Present the mission of the clinic to community groups as requested.
- Maintain relationships and membership with organizations, students and committees involved in improving the health and conditions in the BSMC service area.
- Coordinate maintenance of BSMC buildings with staff and volunteers.
Skills and experience preferred:
- Experience in non-profit organizations and fundraising.
- Experience with social media and technical support services for non-profit fundraising, budgeting and financial reports, and Google Drive.
- Familiarity with medical clinic operations.
- Creativity and flexibility in solving problems and adaptive leadership style.
- Knowledge and understanding of the unique challenges in rural communities.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
For more information please contact Sandra Rice, Board President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application is available on Indeed.com.
- Date Posted: August 17, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: Salary is commensurate with experience.