Scarritt Bennett Center
Scarritt Bennett Center
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES: The Executive Director is responsible for the vision, mission, administration, and goals of SBC. The Executive Director is accountable to the Board of Directors for general direction, management, oversight of fundraising, and implementation of the priorities and policies set by the Board. S/he establishes a collegial work style with staff, the Board of Directors, and the United Methodist Women. S/he is committed to working in and promoting a diverse workplace. The Executive Director will seek partnerships and collaborations with organizations and individuals engaged in work that is compatible with SBC’s mission and vision, and who understand the transformative nature of radical hospitality.
- Responsible for overall program development, management, and oversight.
- Serves as spokesperson and advocate for SBC
- Guides the development of a fundraising plan and fundraising efforts which include but are not limited to:
- cultivate and nurture new and existing donors,
- conduct major donor campaign,
- maintain alumni relations,
- develop and maintain relationships with institutional funders,
- conceptualize funding appeals and events, and
- solicit major gifts and foundation grants.
- Represents, advocates for, and networks on behalf of SBC with church and community groups, locally nationally, and globally.
- Serve, guide, represent, and maximize the use of physical facilities to generate revenue
Fiscal and operations management
- Manage the overall finances to advance SBC’s mission.
- Work with appropriate staff to create timely and accurate annual budget, annual report and all other required financial reports for Board consideration.
- Work closely with the auditor, legal counsel, and wealth management personnel to ensure SBC is in compliance with legal and financial regulations.
- Provide oversight for SBC’s property and facilities maintenance and capital improvement.
- Provide oversight of hospitality efforts offered through the conference and retreat center.
- Supervise executive staff.
- Recruit a highly competent, collegial, and diverse staff that implements the mission and vision.
- Conduct and facilitate annual employee reviews and maintain accurate personnel records.
- Follow personnel policies and procedures approved by the Board.
- Foster strong communication and collaboration among SBC staff and volunteer personnel.
- Provide job-related training and opportunities for development of SBC staff on issues such as sexual harassment, anti-racism, cultural and religious sensitivity.
- Work closely with and maintain regular communication with the President and members of the Board.
- Engage in a mutually respectful relationship with the Board.
- Prepare for Board meetings, meet with, and assist the Board of Directors and its committees with all Board related activities.
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors to develop and implement a strategic plan for SBC.
Engage in ongoing assessment with the Board on SBC’s operations.
The Executive Director will:
- Have at least ten years of demonstrated management and leadership experience and be a highly skilled administrator.
- Have strong prior experience demonstrating leadership in a diverse environment.
- Have a clear commitment to the core mission of SBC, which is rooted in hospitality, eradication of racism, empowerment of women, faith, and spirituality.
- Possess a strong record of fundraising and financial management.
- Have knowledge of United Methodist Women and the United Methodist denomination and traditions.
- Have demonstrated previous ability to partner, collaborate and cooperate with organizations and individuals who engage in work that is compatible with SBC’s mission and vision.
- Have earned at least a master’s degree or have equivalent work experience.
- Experience working with 501C organizations, non-profits or foundations preferred but not required.
Scarritt Bennett Center is proud to offer a complete benefits package for all full-time employees. The package includes medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, 9% employer contribution to a Personal Investment Plan (PIP), Paid Time Off, and free campus parking.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit https://scarrittbennett.org/careers/. All applicants should submit a resume and cover letter as part of the application.
- Date Posted: August 5, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Religious
- Start Date: 10/15/2021
- Salary Range: 100,000 - 125,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk