Youth Empowerment through Arts & Humanities
Youth Empowerment through Arts & Humanities
Youth Empowerment through Arts and Humanities (YEAH!) seeks an executive leader with a growth mindset, passion for making a positive impact in the world, with management, networking and partnership building experience.
YEAH! is a 501(c)(3) Nashville nonprofit that welcomes people of all backgrounds into a creative, collaborative, connective community to amplify the voices of youth and underrepresented populations through arts and music programming. YEAH! is best known for its youth rock ’n’ roll camps and we are seeking a self-motivated individual to lead the organization in its next chapter of delivering YEAH’s mission of building community and empowering youth through arts.
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall administration and management of YEAH!, including program oversight, fundraising, and business operations. Areas of responsibility include planning and evaluation, policy development and administration, personnel and fiscal management, and public relations. The Executive Director position is a full-time position and is hired by and directly accountable to the Board of Directors.
The ideal candidate will be someone that believes in and has a vision for implementing the mission of YEAH! As the Executive Director and sole full time employee, this is an opportunity to shape and grow the organization as it continues to strive to help youth of all backgrounds find their voice. We are looking for a self-motivated, passionate individual to lead us into the future.
Management and Administration
- Oversee all programming and aspects of its execution, including curriculum, insurance, venues, and registrations
- Develop a staffing plan and hire, train, manage and evaluate employees and volunteers
- Create and monitor a strategic plan that drives the mission and includes measurable short- and long-term objectives
Finances and Fundraising
- Identify grant opportunities; maintain and complete all grant applications; submit all mid-grant reports and contracts as well as closeout reports and contracts
- Secure funding and sponsorships through individual and business contributions
- Work with Board Treasurer to keep Board of Directors informed about organization’s financial status
- Ensure that appropriate organizational forms, paperwork and taxes are filed in compliance with deadlines
- Issue scheduled payments to staff, make other organizational payments as needed and record revenue and expenses promptly and accurately into Quickbooks-based system
- Conceptualize and execute multiple fundraising campaigns each fiscal year
- Serve as primary representative of the organization in the community, participating in public events, panels and Board recruitment opportunities
- Build relationships with Board members, funders, stakeholders, community leaders and those served by the organization
- Attend all Board of Directors meetings, provide reports and documents critical to the Board’s role
- Monitor and respond to emails, requests and inquiries directed to the organization
- Plan, coordinate and oversee electronic marketing efforts (social media, website, email) and physical marketing materials
Additional desired skills
- Demonstrated skills in the organizational, financial, and operational management of a similar-sized organization
- Demonstrated commitment to learning and advancing anti-racism, trans-inclusivity, and anti-oppression practices in relationships, across teams, and within community settings
- Experience in program development, program management, and event management
- Ability to multitask in an occasionally loud, fast-paced, and potentially distracting work environment
YEAH! is a community grounded in the appreciation that every individual is on a journey of self-development and self-expression. We honor and expect that our next leader will bring both strengths and opportunities for growth into this role. In that spirit, we seek a new Executive Director who reflects a majority of the following attributes, skills, and experience:
- Minimum of three years of service in an executive or managerial position; familiarity and professional experience in non-profit settings
- Powerful and skilled communicator and presenter with a collaborative leadership style that fosters both effective teamwork and shared accountability
- Skilled and strategic fundraiser with proven ability to nurture and sustain relationships with donors, foundations and corporations
- Experience leading or supporting youth development, youth empowerment, youth arts, or related programming in a professional setting; a love and appreciation for young people’s leadership and self-expression
- A love of music and/or creative expression as a tool for social change; appreciation for candidates who bring musical skill and/or the ability to speak to the experience of public performance or expression and the vulnerability required
The annual salary range for this position is $45,000-$55,000, based on experience. Flexible schedule, remote working options and professional development opportunities are available. Some evenings and weekends will be required with additional hours during camp weeks.
How to Apply
Please address the following topics in your cover letter:
- Please tell us about any leadership, management and fundraising experience.
- What do your specific skills and interests bring to this role?
- Why are you passionate about working or volunteering with nonprofit organizations and community spaces?
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Executive Director, *Your First and Last Name*” in the subject line. The organization seeks to fill the position by September 1, 2021.
- Date Posted: July 26, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 08/15/2021
- Salary Range: $45,000-$55,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk