McNeilly Center for Children
McNeilly Center for Children
Executive Director: McNeilly Center for Children
Seeking an Executive Director for McNeilly Center for Children, a Tennessee Nonprofit serving Nashville families since 1916
We are seeking a self-driven, highly competent Executive Director to lead and influence our organization’s growth and to design and direct strategies that support and enhance organizational operations.
Nonprofit Organization Overview
McNeilly Center for Children provides high quality, affordable early care and education for low-income children ages 6 weeks – 5 years whose parents are working, in job training or in school and further provides parenting education and social services for the families of enrolled children.
McNeilly Center has historically been funded by the generous gifts from individuals, foundations, businesses and by partnering with similar community-based organizations. Moving forward, it seeks to enlist more support from both those partners already engaged and by further diversifying and growing its revenue base.
Working with the board the ED will set strategy and vision, build the McNeilly culture, lead the team, allocate capital appropriately and work systematically to meet the goals of the organization.
The ED will assess and evaluate strategies, differentiate the organization from other like-minded organizations, manage staff, set budgets, forge alliances and build partnerships to further the mission. The ED will invest heavily in the education, the mentoring and character development of the children McNeilly serves.
- Lead the mission and vision of the organization, along with the Board, so that McNeilly clients receive high-quality services
- Implement strategic plans, based on data-driven analytics, projections and financials
- Manage McNeilly’s budget and ensure that it is a financially viable, sustainable organization with the resources to meet current and projected program growth
- Ensure that McNeilly is in compliance with relevant state and federal laws, regulations and with standard accounting procedures
- Build a high-performing leadership team and play an active role in attracting, retaining and developing a dedicated staff
- Participate in identifying and cultivating corporate, individual and foundation sponsors
- Cultivate excellent relationships with local media and social media
- Reach out to the community to present McNeilly, it’s vision and services through public presentations and by attending relevant business events, conferences and gatherings
- Sponsor and/or co-sponsor special events designed to promote McNeilly’s mission with other like-minded missions
- Develop and work with the Board, ensuring that Board committees and efforts are well-organized
- Inform the Board regularly of internal organization matters, including relevant staffing, funding, program success and priorities
- Four-year college degree in Nonprofit Leadership, Business Administration, or its equivalent, Master’s preferred.
- 5-10 years successful senior leadership experience at a social impact organization
- Commitment to results; ‘can-do” mindset with emphasis on accountability
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to manage multiple and changing priorities
- Experience at change leadership and change management
- Proven organization and planning skills, strong motivational and staff leadership abilities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, oral and written
- Knowledge of Office Suite and Excel required
- Knowledge of TN Licensing Standards, NAEYC Accreditation, Development Appropriate Practices and high-quality child care program practices
Pay Classification: Salary, Full-time, 40 hours per week
FLSA Status: Exempt
HealthCare benfits, PTO, Sick Time, CE and salary commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: March 12, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Working Hours: 40