The Executive Director is the key management leader of Saddle Up!. The Executive Director is responsible for the achievement of the organization’s mission to the families served, strategic plans, financial objectives, staff development, and fostering volunteer/donor participation. Other key duties as the official spokesperson for Saddle Up! include, but are not limited to, fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Status: Full Time/Exempt
Supervises: Directly and/or indirectly all full and part-time staff, outside vendors and volunteers.
Hours: 40 hours per week with a flexible schedule and extended hours as required.
Board Governance: Works with Board of Directors in order to fulfill the organization mission.
- Responsible for leading Saddle Up! in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization in a cost-effective manner.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of Saddle Up! to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget, monthly financial statements, audited financials, and annual government reporting requirements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support Saddle Up!’s mission.
Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with Board, staff, volunteers, and contributors to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, fundraising, strategic planning, and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of Saddle Up!’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission and strategic plan.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that Saddle Up! can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of Saddle Up!’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic, and private organizations.
Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are achieved and cost-effective.
- Responsible effective administration of Saddle Up! operations.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
Responsible for signing all agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
Executive and Business Experience: Experience working in the nonprofit sector is preferred. Three years’ experience as an Executive Director or higher level manager, with proven leadership skills. Must demonstrate successful experience raising money, managing fundraising programs, and have proven ability to develop and execute a strategic plan.
Communication Skills: Excellent, written and verbal communication skills, exceptional public speaking skills. Be able to speak effectively on behalf of Saddle Up! with the media, individuals, clubs, and other organizations. Exemplary interpersonal skills with problem solving, forward thinking approach.
Education and Abilities: Bachelor’s degree or higher. Computer skills in Windows, Microsoft Office, Quicken and database management. Equine assisted programs and/or equine experience helpful, but not required. Experience in working with Special needs children.
Human Resource Skills: Working knowledge of human resource systems, including staff development, evaluation, and supervision of paid and unpaid (volunteer) staff.
Financial Ability: Knowledge of nonprofit fiscal management including accounting, budgeting, and grant writing. Ability to direct tax preparation, compliance, and reporting and to analyze financial policies and practices for effective operation.
Personal Characteristics: Passionate about people, leadership, and making an impact in our communities and the families served. Innovative and creative. Able to articulate a vision and motivate people to achieve it. Must be self-motivated, flexible, and results oriented. Able to inspire confidence and trust of staff and volunteers by supporting their capabilities, ideas and independence – a team player. A person with unimpeachable integrity, a good sense of humor, and a high level of energy. Enthusiastic commitment to the mission of Saddle Up! and its development.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three or more years’ senior nonprofit management experience, or equivalent experience.
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting.
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Ability to convey a vision of Saddle Up!’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors.
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector.
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members, staff, and other volunteers.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
- Strong public speaking ability.
Commensurate with experience and other qualifications. Quality benefits package includes 401K, health and PTO benefits.
How to Apply
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: February 3, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Children / Youth