The Bridge House
The Bridge House
The Bridge House
In 2019, members at The Bridge Fellowship were burdened by the issues revolving around homelessness and economic disadvantage. While they were supporting incredible local missions, they felt that they needed to do more.
The goal was simple – meet physical needs of our neighbors without it costing them.
After all, Jesus’ command was simple. Love God + Love your neighbors. We are here to do that. We want to be friends + serve families in Lebanon. We want to walk alongside the vulnerable to make sure they don’t do life alone. Members of The Bridge Fellowship gave $200,000 to renovate a space in downtown Lebanon to make it easy for neighbors to access assistance.
See more information about The Bridge House at www.thebridgehousetn.org.
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall leadership, planning and management of all operations and resources of The Bridge House in accordance with the strategic direction, mission, vision, and policies set by the Board of Directors. The Executive Director ensures the progress and development of the organization’s programs and the supervision of all staff members.
The Executive Director sustains strong and supportive relationships with donors, the media, religious and business communities, the public, government at all levels, and other human service agencies.
The Executive Director creatively seeks and secures financial support from a wide range of potential funding sources. This position is responsible for all the financial transactions necessary to meet the operative needs of the organization. In carrying out the responsibilities of the position, the Executive Director maintains a collaborative and accountable relationship with the Board of Directors and organizational staff members.
This position requires maturity in Christian character and discernment with a passion to serve God and man.
- Serve as the chief spokesperson for the organization, communicating The Bridge House purpose and programs to the public
- Ensure that relationships with neighbors, donors, volunteers, and the community-at- large are handled in a manner consistent with organizational values, mission, and strategic objectives
- Develop appropriate annual and long-term financial objectives, leading the organization in achievement of financial goals
- Attract, develop, motivate, and retain members of the staff, guiding them to achieve short and long-term organizational objectives.
- Oversee the development of new programs and evaluate existing programs to determine efficiencies, inadequacies, and sustainability
- Provide a strategic vision and direction for the organization, leading the development and implementation of long-term strategies
- Provide oversight to ensure a robust fundraising plan to sustain and expand the work of the organization
- Work with the Board of Directors and staff in planning and developing goals and objectives of the organization
- Preferred experience in non-profit organizations or business administration
- Knowledge of human service systems, public relations and marketing, fundraising for charitable causes and organizational planning
- Preference given to candidates with previous food banking experience and issues related to hunger
- Equally, preference will be given to those with an understanding of the complex issues facing communities and those with advocacy experience on behalf of low- income families
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Strong interpersonal and networking ability
- Strategic thinking
- Dedication to diversity and inclusion
- Ability to work effectively with volunteer boards and committees
- An experienced shared/collaborative leadership style
- Ability to plan, monitor and evaluate budgets
- Ability to plan, organize and implement activities appropriate to the advancement of organizational goals
- Experience supervising and managing people
- Honesty, integrity, and a commitment to the mission of The Bridge House
Medical/Dental/Vision after 30 days
How to Apply
To apply, email Cover Letter & Resume to KristineH@tbfonline.net.
- Date Posted: February 10, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Community Development
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk