Open Table Nashville
Open Table Nashville
The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing organizational operations, administration, fundraising, strategic planning, and community outreach and engagement. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Description of Duties
A. Board Engagement: Works with the Board in order to fulfill OTN’s mission.
- Responsible for leading OTN in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Responsible for reporting to and working closely with the Board of Directors to increase the overall visibility, viability and sustainability of OTN.
- Responsible for being a point of contact for the Board and participating in Board meetings, planning and relevant committees.
B. Financial Performance & Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health and sustainability of the organization.
- Responsible for the oversight of OTN’s fiscal integrity. This includes submitting, implementing and operating within the annual budget.
- Responsible for fiscal management that ensures maximum resource utilization and maintenance of OTN that keep OTN in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for working with, providing oversight for, and supporting the Development Director to fundraise and develop other resources necessary to support OTN’s mission and the proposed budget.
C. Mission & Strategy: Works with Board and staff to ensure that OTN’s mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning, and community outreach and engagement.
- Responsible for overseeing OTN’s programs that carry out the mission.
- Responsible for implementing the strategic plan to ensure that OTN can successfully fulfill its mission into the future.
- Responsible for championing OTN’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, faith-based, civic and private organizations.
- Responsible for serving as OTN’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents and the general public.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with various organizations throughout the city and utilizing those relationships to strategically enhance OTN’s mission.
D. Operations & Staff Management: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate. Ensures a healthy organizational culture that prioritizes staff wellness, sustainability, and growth in both personal and professional ways.
- Responsible for the effective administration of OTN’s operations.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Responsible for reviewing and signing notes, contracts, MOUs, agreements and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization, and/or delegating such responsibilities to other lead staff members.
- Responsible for establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of OTN.
- Responsible for supervising, supporting and evaluating staff and/or delegating such responsibilities to other lead staff members.
- Responsible for overseeing marketing and other communications efforts.
- Responsible for overseeing the Fiscal Sponsorship Agreement between Open Table Nashville and The Village at Glencliff in conjunction with the Board.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field AND five or more years of management and nonprofit leadership experience OR any equivalent combination of experience/education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been gained
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Alignment with the core principles of Trauma-Informed Care and OTN’s core values of compassion, dignity, community, integrity, and solidarity
- Ability to convey OTN’s mission and vision to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate members of the Board and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Strong public speaking ability
- Dedication to service and justice with our un-housed and newly-housed friends
- Guiding care and concern for the unity, well-being and sustainability of OTN
- Valid driver’s license and insured vehicle
Open Table Nashville offers a monthly health insurance stipend as well as a technology stipend.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to OTN’s Executive Assistant, Allie Wallace, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be submitted by June 21, 2020.
- Date Posted: May 19, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: 55,000-60,000