The Jordan Thomas Foundation
The Jordan Thomas Foundation
The Jordan Thomas Foundation seeks a dynamic, experienced, and professional full-time Executive Director to lead this organization in fulfillment of our mission. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills with a proven track record of resource development (fundraising, relationship building, meaningful engagement in a cause, etc.) and management of people, teams, and processes.
The Executive Director is the only staff position at this time, with a commitment from the Board and other volunteers to contribute as a supportive team in fulfilling the work of JTF. A typical workday will range from top-level, strategic, big-picture thinking, to completing day to day operational tasks to ensure the success of JTF.
The Executive Director will report to the Board with access to and strategic support from the Board Chair and Founder, Jordan Thomas.
Leadership & Management
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve strategic goals.
- Actively engage and energize volunteers, JTF families/children, past and current board members, event committees, prosthesis and other partners, and funders.
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors with the Executive Committee; serve as ex-officio of each committee; seek and build board involvement in building and implementing programs and events, as well as in achieving long-range goals as outlined in the organization’s strategic plan.
- Ensure effective systems tracking, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
Fundraising & Communications
- Expand revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations while simultaneously building on endowment, including in-kind and cash—grants, recurring monthly and major gifts; special events, sponsorship and product donations.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand. This includes website, social media, e-newsletters, program and event materials, speaking engagements, awards, and other related activities.
- Facilitate board and other volunteers in building JTF’s external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities. This includes stewardship of gifts/donor relationships; outreach and advocacy to other nonprofits and businesses; advocacy for prosthetic parity among government officials; and education about the cause and needs of the children we serve to targeted and general audiences.
Planning & New Business
- Working with the board, design and complete a growth plan to serve more and expand the impact of JTF in impacting the development of the whole child and supporting their families throughout the country.
- Build on partnerships, establishing relationships with funders, and political and community leaders.
- Be an external local and national presence that publishes and communicates program results to stakeholders, beneficiaries, and communities.
The Executive Director will be thoroughly committed to the nonprofit’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience. Specific requirements include:
- Advanced degree, ideally an MBA, with at least 5 years of senior management experience; track record of effectively leading a business and teams; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- Excellence in organizational and nonprofit management best practices with the ability to think critically, and coach, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, efficient, adaptable, diplomatic, and innovative approach to business planning and implementation
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Someone who can enthusiastically implement high-level work as well as minutia in equal measure.
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits package possible.
How to Apply
Applications must be received by Friday, May 22, 2020. Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter answering “Why do you want to be the next Executive Director of JTF?” and a resume addressed to “the Executive Search Committee” to JTFdnSearch@gmail.com. Interviews of qualified candidates will begin immediately following the application window.
- Date Posted: May 8, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 06/15/2020
- Working Hours: 40