Advocates for Women's and Kids' Equality
Advocates for Women’s and Kids’ Equality (AWAKE) is a non-profit organization founded in 2013 by women committed to addressing issues specific to women and kids in Tennessee.
AWAKE seeks a dynamic, professional, and enthusiastic part-time (possible expansion to full-time with acquisition or raising of funds) Executive Director to lead our organization as we advocate for the advancement of women and kids through education and policy change and expand statewide. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills with a proven history of fundraising in the non-profit arena.
The Executive Director will answer to the Board.
Fund Development (40%)
Executive director is primarily responsible for raising funds in order to meet or exceed operating budget for the year.
- Sets goals with board.
- Develops an annual and comprehensive fund development plan to ensure ongoing revenues and maintain fiscal stability.
- Researches, identifies, cultivates, and solicits prospective funding sources.
- Manages development of all fundraising materials.
- Writes grants and manages grant schedule.
- Manages fund-raising special events as determined and approved by the Board
- Works with Board to solicit gifts.
Administration and Operations (50%)
- Works with the Board of Directors to improve and administer plans, policies and procedures.
- Works with board to develop overall organization’s work plan, monitors its progress and evaluates the results in relation to the mission, goals and objectives.
- Delegates programming activities to board members as appropriate.
- Responsible for carrying out or overseeing all program activates.
Community Relations and Marketing (10%)
- Supervises the development of all community relations and marketing materials.
- Participates in community activities and speaking engagements to promote the mission of AWAKE.
- Serves as chief spokesperson for the organization and represents the organization.
- Establishes and maintains contacts with other community organizations.
Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in fundraising, grant proposals, and special events.
- Experience in budget and financial management.
- Experience in program management and development.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and motivational skills.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
- Proven track record of fundraising skills and success in the non-profit arena.
- Demonstrated ability in public relations to establish community support.
- Demonstrated effective time management and organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability in management of simultaneous tasks or projects.
No benefits offered.
How to Apply
Applications must be received by Wednesday, March 11th. Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter answering “Why do you want to be the next Executive Director of AWAKE?” (one page limit) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews of qualified candidates will begin immediately following the application window.
- Date Posted: February 25, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 03/31/2020