Housing, Health & Human Services Alliance of Rutherford County
This position is the chief professional and operating officer of H3ARC, the Continuum of Care for Rutherford County – an organization of organizations supporting and coordinating care for the homeless and disadvantaged community with a broad array of services provided through a diverse group of member agencies; and is accountable to the executive committee. The Executive Director has overall responsibility for the planning, developing, and funding of the organization while establishing policies and objectives in accordance with the Housing and Urban Development Office (HUD) the organization’s directives and initiatives.
The position requires 20 to 25 hours weekly.
The Executive Director will:
- Report to the executive committee and serve as a non-voting member of the board
- Keep the executive committee and general membership fully informed on the condition of the organization and important factors influencing it by maintaining a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field
- Work with the executive committee, working groups, and other stakeholders developing and implementing the strategic plan as well as the direction of the organization.
- Review and approve the annual budget for the agency and submit it to the executive committee and general membership for discussion and approval.
- Increase financial resource base through grant attainment via HUD, as well as private and public funding that supports the core mission of H3ARC as the Continuum of Care for Rutherford County.
- Monitor and report on all HUD funded projects.
- Assist with coordination and preparation of Continuum of Care Grant application annually including all technical submissions to HUD
- Oversee maintenance of organizational documents,
- Recruit, hire, manage and release all personnel, both paid staff and volunteers
- Coordinate and implement H3ARC public relations tools including website, any newsletters and media releases to support distribution of information about H3ARC and the Coordinated Entry System
- Develop and lead events to educate volunteers, the faith community and community partners about the needs of those experiencing homelessness or a housing crisis in their own community
- Assist onsite and remote monitoring of CoC and ESG collaborative grant recipients
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field
- Complete other duties as assigned by the board
Physical requirements/Work environment:
- Work is performed in an office environment and, at times, may be completed off-site. Travel beyond Rutherford County will be minimal. Work hours may vary and include evening and weekend assignments.
- The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
The successful candidate will have the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred, in a human service field, policy or business administration/management
- Preferred Five (5) or more years of supervisory and/or administrative level experience in health, human service, nonprofit, and/or business, including the following:
- Fundraising experience, including mail, social media, special events, and major donor
- Grant writing and public speaking experience preferred
- Experience in working with voluntary boards and committees
- Ability to work flexible hours with social obligations outside normal business hours
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid driver’s license with own personal transportation
Opportunity for Growth
How to Apply
To be considered for the position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and two (2) professional references to Board Representative, Scott Foster, at sfoster@LoveGodServePeople.org. All submissions must be received by February 21, 2020
- Date Posted: February 11, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Education
- Salary Range: 32,500