Are you an inspiring leader with a desire to foster meaningful community partnerships and build a strong team culture? We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Executive Director to lead our ministry. The Executive Director will oversee all aspects of our operations ensuring our mission, and bringing wholeness and healing to our community. This position reports to the Board of Directors.
The Mission of Compassionate Hands is to provide opportunities to serve, support, advocate, and befriend neighbors in need. Compassionate Hands is committed to providing year-round support for the unhoused and those facing housing instability.
Compassionate Hands has served Wilson County for 10 years and is a network of over 40 churches that serve the community
- Model and promote the organization’s values, emphasizing Christlike behavior in all interactions.
- Develop and implement stewardship and development plans, fostering strong relationships with partner churches, volunteers, businesses, and community leaders to achieve annual goals.
- To adapt leadership focus to multiple areas; executive leadership, staff leadership, and ministry development.
- Provide Christ-honoring inspirational leadership to staff, offering guidance, motivation, and professional and spiritual development in alignment with the organization’s goals and mission.
- Attract, develop, and retain a high-performing team, ensuring adherence to the vision and mission through defined expectations, processes, and procedures.
- Cultivate a performance-oriented culture, promoting accountability, empowerment, and excellence among staff members.
- Work with the board chair to recruit board members and plan productive board meetings.
- Work alongside the board to grow the vision and mission of the ministry.
- Implement Compassionate Hands’ communications plan, safeguarding and enhancing our brand visibility and reach within the Wilson County community.
- Advocate for neighbors in need in public discussions, and illustrate a broad understanding of policies and issues facing neighbors in need at local, state, and national levels. (Homeless Coalition, discussions of policy and legislation, etc.)
- Represent Compassionate Hands at public events and engagements, promoting the mission, programs, and outcomes to media, supporters, and partners.
- Once hired, live within the community served.
- Become an active participant in a Wilson County church and have experience serving with Compassionate Hands, Room In the Inn, or a similar organization.
- Reflect a deep faith, great interpersonal skills, and strong emotional maturity.
- Have experience in nonprofit leadership, with a focus on community engagement and successful management of projects and people.
- Exemplify excellent verbal and written communication skills, effectively articulating the organization’s mission and vision.
- Effectively collaborate with a broad range of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Have a heart for the under-resourced and unhoused in our community.
The salary and benefits package is set by the board and includes:
- Annual salary
- Payment of health insurance premiums
- Monthly reimbursement for cell phone expenses
- Annual funds for soul care and leadership development
- Reimbursement of expenses related to the ministry postage, mileage, meals, and gifts for supporters and ministry tools.
How to Apply
Join us in making a difference in the Wilson County unhoused community. If you are a dynamic leader with a passion for nonprofit work and community engagement, we invite you to apply today.
Submit your resume and cover letter to Sladenb301@gmail.com
- Date Posted: November 17, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Environment