625 Benton Ave
Nashville, TN 37204
- To work with the Board of Directors in developing strategic goals and objectives and to work with both staff and the Board to implement those goals and objectives.
- To provide direction and leadership toward the achievement of the organization’s faith-based philosophy, mission, strategy and its annual goals and objectives.
- To tell “the story” of Matthew 25 to organizations, religious institutions, Federal and State agencies, and private individuals as the responsible party for the proactive fund-raising efforts for Matthew 25.
- To interact with other Nashville Homeless agencies and councils, as well as be the primary representative of Matthew 25 to benefactors and major gift providers.
- Board Administration and Support.
- Support operations and administration of Board by advising and informing Board members, interfacing between Board and staff, and supporting Board’s evaluation of Executive Director at year end.
- Oversee fundraising planning and implementation, including identifying resource requirements, researching funding sources, establishing strategies to approach funders, submitting proposals and grants, and maintaining accurate fundraising records and documentation.
- Program, product and Service Delivery
- Provide leadership and management in the design, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of programs, products and services.
- Financial, Tax, Risk and Facilities Management
- Recommend yearly budget for Board approval and prudently manage organization’s resources within those budget guidelines according to current laws and regulations.
- Maintain all appropriate licensing and certifications with local, state, and federal authorities that are required to assure Matthew 25’s non-profit corporate status.
- Interact and manage the critical relationship with the Veterans Administration (VA).
- Human Resource Management
- Manage the human resources of the organization according to authorized personnel policies and procedures that fully conform to current laws and regulations. Current staff totals fifteen (15).
- Provide mentoring, educational, and disciplinary functions to ensure the greatest possible outcome for program participants.
- Community and Public Relations
- Develop and implement a communications plan to assure that the organization and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently
presented in strong, positive images to relevant stakeholders.
- Serve as an educator in the Nashville community for the Homeless population. Speak at events that highlight the homeless situation and how Matthew 25 helps solve a portion of the homeless dilemma.
- Significant and proven leadership skills developed through several years in non-profit management positions.
- Ability to raise the visibility of the organization through successful marketing and appearances at various events.
- Ability to foster a healthy organizational culture, to encourage teamwork and collaboration with strong interpersonal skills that include the ability to inspire and motivate; effective at conflict management
- Excellent organizational development, interpersonal, marketing, communications, administration and personnel management skills are essential.
- Understanding of non-profits and experience working with Boards of Directors, and clients the organization serves.
- Visionary, trustworthy, diplomatic, understanding and innovative with high energy levels.
- Ability to build collaborative ventures with diverse organizations.
- Success at fundraising, including knowledge of and success in attracting foundation and corporate grants; ability to identify, steward and solicit individual donors.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; strong presentation skills.
- Multi-cultural sensitivity.
Paid Time Off (Vacation and Sick)
Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
How to Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- Date Posted: February 3, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 04/27/2020
- Working Hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday Additional or different hours as required