Doors of Hope
Doors of Hope
The Executive Director is the key management leader of Doors of Hope. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the organization’s administration, programs, and strategic plan. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
- Supervise and collaborate with organization staff to ensure clients are receiving needed services.
- In coordination with the Assistant Director, evaluates all Doors of Hope programs for success in meeting the mission of Doors of Hope.
- Engage in grant writing, fundraising, and developing other revenue sources.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Planning and oversight of the annual budget.
- Serve as primary spokesperson to Doors of Hope constituents, the media, and the general public in order to oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Active engagement with the community to establish/maintain networking and development opportunities, identification of new funding sources, marketing of program offerings, and advocating for the agency to community leaders.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance the mission of the agency.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Work cooperatively with the Board of Directors.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with fundraising, grant-writing and reporting, generating new revenue streams, soliciting donors, and an understanding of the non-profit funding community.
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies, and volunteers.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development, and task facilitation.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making, and reporting.
- Willingness to engage in professional development training, and to provide opportunities for staff to engage in professional development training.
- Five or more years of senior nonprofit management experience (preferred)
- Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a variety of individuals.
- Positive leadership and management experience.
How to Apply
Interested applications: Please send a cover letter and résumé to Maridel Williams, Chair of the Search Committee at searchcommittee.DoH@gmail.com
- Date Posted: February 7, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Social / Human Services