GiGi's Playhouse Nashville
GiGi's Playhouse Nashville
Our Board of Managers is announcing a search for an Executive Director position for GiGi’s Playhouse Nashville. We’re looking for someone who can provide their drive and dedication to serving our community. This instrumental role is ideal for an outgoing person who enjoys leading and being personally involved in all aspects of a growing non-profit.
The Executive Director (“ED”) is a goal-oriented and conscientious individual with a servant’s heart who leads and directs the local Playhouse towards increasing positive awareness of Down syndrome.
The ED wears many hats and to be effective, they need to wear them all equally well. These include strategic planning, fundraising, communications, marketing, problem-solving, and even unanticipated challenges that must be addressed quickly and competently. This person is skilled in energizing and engaging volunteers, partners, donors, and the community. Creating excitement about the organization, our Down syndrome achievement centers and our mission is a strategic part of changing the way the world views Down Syndrome.
Potential candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated ability with fundraising and/or revenue generation, including proven success at writing grants. Experience in developing and implementing effective fundraising
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain community relationships, develop corporate partnerships, and major gift giving/capital campaigns
- Experienced in social services, non-profit, education and/or a related field
- At least 5 years of proven organizational leadership and management/supervisory experience for multi-site programs
- Demonstrated ability for strong communications and influencing skills along with public speaking and writing
- Proven experience in influencing others and building relationships.
- Understanding, ability to empathize and demonstrate connection and/or passion for persons with Down syndrome and their families
- Proficient with MS Office software, including Word, MS Teams, Excel, PowerPoint, Canva, and Outlook
- Travel is required within Middle Tennessee and once a year to Illinois
A love of extraordinary people and increasing positive awareness of Down syndrome is also a must!
Paid Holidays and vacation
How to Apply
If you or someone you know is interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity,
Gerd Peters, Vice President of our Board, is leading our search committee for the new Executive Director. Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As always, thank you for supporting our GiGi’s family!
- Date Posted: November 3, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 01/02/2023
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/week (M-F) with flexibility for evenings and weekends as needed