Tennessee Certification Board
Tennessee Certification Board
Reports To: Tennessee Certification Board (TCB) Board of Directors and contracted Fiscal Agent
Supervisory Responsibilities: None currently
Location: Virtual/Remote and/or In-Person; Candidate must reside in Tennessee
Salary Range: $48,000-58,000: Negotiable, dependent upon experience, state funding, and total benefits package
Position Summary: The Executive Director (ED), in concert with the Board of Directors and contracted fiscal agent, is responsible for the day-to-day leadership and management of the TCB, as well as facilitating a strategic vision for the growth and sustainability of the organization.
- Serve as the administrative officer of the TCB.
- Manage TCB and contract / grant funds in conjunction with the TCB Board and fiscal agent, including but not limited to:
- Ensuring that administrative requirements are met regarding timely processing of all financial records;
- Overseeing deposits and investment of funds for the project from grants and other sources;
- Monitoring of financial activity details conducted by bank/investment company;
- Preparing financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, and/or reports required by the Board and regulatory agencies;
- Developing/revising the strategic plan annually;
- Receiving and dispersing TCB payables in a timely manner; and
- Preparing an annual TCB budget each fiscal year, to be presented to the Board for review and approval prior to the required due date.
- Work with, and support the activities of, the TCB Board of Directors.
- Maintain knowledge of and adhere to all fiscal agent and TCB policies and procedures.
- Adhere to the ethical and confidentiality standards of the alcohol, tobacco, or other drug (ATOD) treatment, intervention, or prevention, including behavioral health related, field; and
- Ensure that TCB and fiscal agent policies, rules, regulations, directives, and other guidelines are implemented and followed.
Administer all aspects of the certification processes, including, but not limited to:
- Maintenance of all existing certifications and renewal processes;
- Development and implementation of new certifications;
- Provide technical assistance to applicants, as needed;
- Management of the certification platform (e.g., Certemy);
- Field questions from prospective applicants about the credentialing process;
- Maintenance of all records associated with certification applications and renewals;
- Assurance of confidentiality of records;
- Collaboration with IC&RC ( International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium), the international certifying organization; and
- Work with certification testing company contracted by IC&RC.
Marketing, PR, and Events
- Serve as the spokesperson for TCB;
- Represent and promote all TCB programs and services;
- Promote and market available and future certifications to the various populations, agencies, and/or organizations having the potential to benefit from the certification process;
- Maintain the TCB website assuring efficient and effective communication with varied audiences and electronic management of certification processes; and
- Plan and execute an annual statewide prevention conference (e.g., in collaboration with CHASCo [Coalition of Healthy and Safe Campus Communities]).
- Partner with other agencies, organizations, or groups to develop, implement, and promote certifications across Tennessee;
- Collaborate with other agencies, organizations, or state officials for appropriate training requirements to obtain and sustain certifications;
- Serve on appropriate committees as needed to address certification issues (e.g., Quarterly Workforce Advisory Committee, IC&RC Administrators, and Regional/ Credential Specific groups);
- Ensure the proper dissemination of information, opportunities, directives, requirements, and other material to varied audiences; and
- Attend national IC&RC board meetings annually (locations vary), and travel statewide as needed.
Must have ability to:
- Efficiently plan, organize and manage the overall operations of the TCB;
- Secure work space in Tennessee and be successful/productive in both a virtual and in-person environment;
- Demonstrate energetic and creative leadership of TCB programs and services;
- Effectively collaborate with other agencies, organizations, or groups in planning, implementing, and evaluating the certification processes;
- Effectively promote and market certification to varied audiences;
- Effectively collaborate with the TCB Board of Directors and fiscal agent;
- Develop both short-term and long-range plans for the TCB to successfully complete goals and objectives;
- Effectively prepare and inform varied agencies, organizations, or groups of the certification processes;
- Effectively analyze, interpret, and report data associated with the certification processes;
- Use sound judgment in decision-making;
- Develop and interpret plans, policies, and procedures;
- Oversee multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Communicate effectively with diverse audiences and via multiple techniques (e.g., in-person, written correspondence, virtual platforms, etc.);
- Operate a personal computer and associated software;
- Effectively supervise personnel and complete all associated personnel actions in a timely and accurate manner, resolve personnel issues, and conduct performance appraisals, as needed;
- Prepare and maintain records and reports;
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information;
- Manage recordkeeping, administrative, and fiscal details;
- Partner and/or network with various audiences to accomplish TCB goals; and
- Work independently and/or as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s level preferred, from an accredited college or university;
- One year of experience as a director or equivalent position;
- Experience in the development of certification or similar process;
- Experience in budget management required, grant management preferred;
- Experience in community-level or related work required, with a non-profit organization preferred;
- Experience as a successful grant writer preferred;
- Experience in program or service marketing and promotion; and
- Experience in ATOD treatment/intervention/prevention or behavioral health related field preferred.
Limitations and Disclaimer:
- Background check will be required of the successful candidate.
- The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
- All job requirements are subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals, who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Staff is required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by the Board in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
- Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the candidate must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
- Paid time off and holidays
- Reimbursements for remote work expenses
- Health insurance can be negotiated
- 403b retirement plan
How to Apply
Below are links to the Executive Director job description, outlining responsibilities and qualifications, and application you will be required to complete and submit when you apply.
Interested candidates must complete the attached application and submit it with a current resume outlining related skills and experience for consideration. To apply, email your application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, July 15, 2022. Qualified candidates will be contacted and invited to interview with the Board of Directors no later than the week of July 25.
To learn more about the Tennessee Certification Board, you may visit www.tncertification.org.
The Tennessee Certification Board (TCB) is an equal opportunity organization and will not allow discrimination based upon age, ethnicity, ancestry, gender, national origin, disability, race, size, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, or any other status prohibited by applicable law.
- Date Posted: June 28, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 08/01/2022
- Salary Range: 48,000-58,000 DOE and Benefits Package
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs/week; M-F, 9:00am-5:00pm