Tennessee Housing Development Agency
Executive Assistant to Information Technology
Tennessee Housing Development Agency
This position is expected to be 80% remote. We anticipate being in office an average of one day per week.
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change due to changes in our business processes or other business-related reasons.
POSITION SUMMARY : Provides assistance and administrative support to the Senior Director and Assistant Director of Information Technology (IT).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates and maintains scheduling and communication for the Senior Director and Assistant Director of IT, including maintaining calendars, e-mail groups, contacts, etc.
- Coordinates meeting scheduling, meeting agendas, and other meeting details; prepares minutes of meetings as requested.
- May attend management meetings, take notes, and distribute follow-up information to attendees on behalf of the Director or Assistant Director of IT.
- Prepares and submits travel documentation necessary for travel authorization and travel claims, following THDA Travel Guidelines, for all IT staff as needed.
- Coordinates travel arrangements, including flight reservations, hotels, directions, etc., for all IT staff.
- Maintains department related guides, policies, and procedural manuals with current updates and revisions; distributes these items as requested.
- Coordinates activities with other THDA departments and maintains support for general THDA required activities.
- Creates and manages all office supply orders for division; receives and distributes all orders to appropriate division staff
- Receives incoming mail and express packages; assures distribution to the proper staff member
- Maintains division payment card; reconciles payment card transactions and statements
- Coordinates all division procurement functions, working closely with the Assistant Director of IT to maintain all software inventory and annual license renewals and appropriate documentation and vendor contacts
- Creates and manages all Purchase Orders from creation to payment under the specific direction of the Assistant Director of IT.
- Performs other general administrative activities as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent GED.
- Four years of successful, full-time employment in a business office environment, preferably in the field of information technology.
- Microsoft Certifications for business applications; Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint preferred.
- Strong experience with all facets of IT purchasing and procurement preferred.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies :
- Working knowledge of standard office procedures and standard office equipment.
- Some knowledge of information technology concepts and terminology.
- Thorough knowledge of business English.
- Aptitude for working with numbers.
- Maintains credibility through sincerity, honesty, and discretion.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the public, and in giving and obtaining information.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely.
- Ability to work independently and with little supervision.
- Exhibits team player abilities on a regular basis.
- Computer literate; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and the internet; able to effectively adapt to and use other computer systems as needed for daily activities.
The special demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
State of Tennessee positions that may involve driving responsibilities require candidates to meet the following minimum driver qualifications:
- A valid driver’s license
- For the past five years, the candidate’s driving record must not have record of the following violations: driving under the influence (DUI), reckless driving, license suspension for moving violations, more than 4 moving violations
BENEFITS: THDA offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options; disability insurance; retirement plans; flexible benefit pre-tax accounts for medical, dependent care, transportation, and parking; annual leave and sick leave that begin accruing after the first month of employment; and 11 paid holidays per year. We also offer work-life balance opportunities through alternative work schedules, flexible schedules, and telecommuting.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
How to Apply
Please visit our website at www.thda.org/careers to complete the online application.
APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE AND RESUME ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION
- Date Posted: April 4, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Government
- Working Hours: 37.5hrs/wk