Executive Assistant to COO Manager of Administration & Finance
Music Health Alliance
Financial Management, Ethical Conduct, Problem Solving, Results Driven, Self-Motivated, Attention to Detail, Organized, Enthusiastic about MHA Mission, Team Player, Great Personality
This position supports operations and finance departments. Ensures commitments and deadlines are managed. Successfully updates and utilizes systems and processes necessary to meet nonprofit’s goals & objectives. Assists COO to ensure the efficient day-to-day operation of the office and directly supports the work of COO to assure efficient operations of non-profit.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Report directly to COO to assist with projects as directed. Additionally,
COO Administrative Assistance
- Schedule appointments for COO, return calls from clients, re-file client files during open enrollment
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to COO
- Make travel, meeting and other arrangements for staff
- Assist COO with Event management as directed
- Assist COO with annual audit by pulling required docs, communicating with on-site Auditor
- Assist with Medicare and Insurance Research as requested during open enrollment
- Perform special projects, as needed
- Use computer word processing, spreadsheet, and database software to prepare reports, memos, calendars, and documents
- Prepare and send outgoing faxes, mail, and courier parcels for COO
- Code and file material according to the established procedures with attached documentation as required by nonprofit business policy
- Directs cash and in-kind receipts to COO for recording in database
- Enter cash donations into Kindful Donor Database
- Enter donations by check into Kindful Donor Database
- Reconcile Monthly Kindful donations with QuickBooks matching balances
- Makes Cash Deposits to Bank after COO creates deposit slip
- Schedule and manage deadlines for events, deposits due on events, grant deadlines and reminders
- Remit Donor Thank You Notes & Receipts to all individuals and companies making donations to nonprofit. Reconcile with PayPal and Stripe to make sure online donations are acknowledged. All electronic donations over $500 need a Thank You note even though they received an electronic confirmation & receipt
- Update and ensure the accuracy of the organization’s databases
- Back-up electronic files using proper procedures
- Coordinate the maintenance of office equipment – postage machine, printers, etc.
Assist with financial management
- Use computer software to prepare invoices and financial statements
- Scan bills and payments for digital accounting system
- After approval, pay Jack Pot and Ben Eyestone Statements, copy and file digitally, enter into OnContact
- Maintain QuickBooks and reconcile PayPal, Stripe, and Kindful entries by entering in QuickBooks and adding new customers/donors
- Code and file financial material according to established records management procedures
- Process accounts payable ensuring timeliness and accuracy of information
- Process accounts receivable ensuring timeliness, accuracy of codes and appropriate backup
- Reconcile monthly bank statements and circulate to CEO/COO
- Administer petty cash according to established procedures
- Assist with financial reports as requested
- Reconcile monthly VISA statements by verifying that all receipts are collected and attached and that no personal charges have been made to card
- Enter or download & code VISA individual charges to QuickBooks
- Month end duties as required – Donor Reports from Kindful, Quickbooks, and Paypal
- Email weekly check register to COO & CEO on Friday including deposits and checks written for all accounts
- Email monthly P&L and Balance Sheet at the end of each month
- Enter weekly auto bank deposits and withdrawals to QuickBooks from all City National bank accounts. Notify CEO & COO of deposits greater than $500
- College Degree
- Post-Secondary education in business, computers, or office management is an asset, or
- Office Administration certificate from a recognized educational institution and 3-years experience
- Executive Assistant experience
- Accounting or Bookkeeping experience preferred
Knowledge, skills and abilities
Proficiency in the use of computer programs for:
- Word processing
- Microsoft Office experience including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Proficiency in the use of office equipment:
- QuickBooks/QuickBooks for Non-Profits
- Proficient in intensive data entry of accounting records
- Proficient in a computerized general ledger, accounts payable, and accounts receivable
- Voice messaging systems
- Photo copier
Administrative Assistants should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure own behavior and the behavior of others are consistent with these standards and align with the values of the organization.
- Confidentiality: Due to exposure to confidential materials, individual must be able to maintain confidentiality and not disclose information to staff members or externally
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organization: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- 3 Years executive/administrative assistant experience, preferably at a nonprofit
Hours of Work:
- 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Friday
- Extended hours during fund-raising events/open enrollment
Paid Health Insurance, Vision & Dental
2 weeks paid vacation after one year
How to Apply
Send Cover Letter, Resume, and References to MHAPosition@gmail.com
- Date Posted: October 28, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 11/16/2020
- Working Hours: 9a-5p