Project Connect Nashville
Executive Assistant and Special Projects Manager
Project Connect Nashville
Project Connect Nashville breaks the poverty cycle through relationships, resources, education, and connection to the faith community.
The Executive Assistant and Special Projects Manager reports to the Executive Director and works closely with him in a variety of ways to accomplish the mission of Project Connect Nashville. This includes administrative tasks such as managing and organizing communication and information, as well as managing the ED’s calendar and appointments. This work clears the clutter and allows the ED to thrive in ministry and stay focused on the key priorities. The role also includes the management of special projects that are short-term or fall outside the scope of regular responsibilities within other departments at PCN. The nature of the projects varies based on need, possible expansion, and seasonal opportunities.
The ideal candidate for this position has a relentless drive to get things done and the tools to put that into action in a church-oriented culture. Organization, vision, and critical thinking skills that lead to action will be essential. The ideal candidate also enjoys working as part of a fast-paced and highly collaborative team environment and carries a passion for driving faith-focused social impact and tackling big challenges in new ways.
- Manage, organize, and sort the ED’s email inbox to identify priorities, clear clutter, and re-direct inquiries to appropriate staff
- Manage the ED’s calendar by fielding requests for and scheduling meetings and appointments and sending reminders
- Budget time in the calendar for multiple priorities, including an aggressive meeting schedule with donors and potential donors
- Manage the timeline for ED project commitments, ensure the calendar space to complete the responsibility, and provide deadline reminders
- Take, prepare, and disperse notes from designated meetings
- Make travel arrangements
- Complete various errands on behalf of the ED (making copies, food pickup for a meeting, etc)
- Prepare condensed bi-monthly reports about PCN activities under the direction of the ED
- Facilitate the organization and use of OneDrive for filing and accessing digital documents
Special Projects Manager:
- Develop and research creative solutions to new challenges that arise in order to present well-informed options to leadership
- Collaborate with department heads to provide short-term assistance with internal special projects during high intensity periods or to facilitate the growth and development of new systems and processes
- Internal special projects could include year-end budget development, event execution, exploring employment benefit package options, preparing a training deck, or setting up and training the staff on a new system
- Conduct exploratory research on new incubated initiatives, and develop those initiatives with the ED until they are ready for PCN integration
- Passionate about Christian ministry to the under-served and in full agreement with PCN’s mission and core values
- Fluent in basics of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Technical savvy – for example, experience with or ability to quickly learn MS Outlook organization functions, Calendar, and OneDrive
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Servant heart
Paid vacation and sick days
Monthly sabbatical days
Health insurance stipend
Cell phone reimbursement
How to Apply
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Date Posted: July 16, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Community Development
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/week; M-Thurs 8:30-4:30 office hours, flex time on Friday days and Sunday evenings seasonally TBD