Title: Executive Assistant to CEO
Position Type: Full Time/Non-Exempt
Reports To: CEO
Nashville CARES is seeking a highly efficient individual to be our new Executive Assistant to the CEO.
The executive assistant helps further the organization’s mission by providing day-to-day support including managing emails and meetings as well as handling the oversight of projects that do not neatly fit within the current structure or fall between departments or other leaders’ areas of responsibility.
With strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills, the executive assistant is proactive in anticipating the needs of the CEO. This role requires the ability to handle confidential and time-sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity. The ideal candidate will show discretion and sophistication in managing the internal and external demands of the CEO requiring sound judgment, initiative, creative thinking, and self-motivation.
- Streamline communications to/from the CEO
- Schedule and prioritize meetings and coordinate executive calendars
- Assess all inquiries directed to the CEO and determine the proper course of action
- Vet requests for time and route requests to other departments as appropriate
- Responsible for meeting notes/minutes and tracking action items/follow up
- Manage preparation and planning for meetings and committees, including all scheduling, communication, and documentation
- Edit and assemble board and committee meeting materials, including drafting, reviewing, and proofreading documents and handling document distribution, both hard copy and electronic
- Record and prepare meeting minutes for board and committees
- Communicate initiative status to the CEO, pulling in other Directors or team members as necessary
- Identify and take on ad hoc strategic projects
- Provide decision support through data gathering, information analyzing, and presenting considerations to relevant stakeholders
- Define and research new ideas and opportunities
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communication, or another related field
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience working with executive leaders and/or in a governance capacity
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
- Initiative and the proven ability to think critically and solve problems autonomously
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with proficiency, accuracy, and sensitivity to deadlines
- Strict attention to detail in all areas including verbal and written communication
- Ability to adapt to evolving needs and accommodate last-minute changes
- Ability to work independently and proactively anticipate needs
- A passion for engaging with diverse groups of people and an ability to demonstrate a courteous and professional demeanor at all times
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high-performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Valid Tennessee Driver’s License, vehicle, and automobile liability insurance to facilitate local travel required for client/agency related business.
Salary: Competitive non-profit compensation
Competitive Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 403b, generous paid time off policy (27 – 37 days per year based on accruals and length of service); 11 paid holidays and more.
Nashville CARES is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers and clients. We respect equality and inclusivity for all people and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: August 31, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services