Nashville Community Bail Fund
Nashville Community Bail Fund
The Administrative Assistant provides operational support to the Nashville Community Bail Fund under the supervision of the Executive Director. This role involves managing the Director’s calendar and correspondence, assisting in office operations, maintaining, and updating organizational databases, providing logistical support for organizational events, and aiding in public communications and community engagement, which includes managing the organization’s website and social media accounts.
- Respond to incoming calls/emails and direct them to the appropriate staff.
- Order office supplies and maintain office equipment.
- Maintain office accounts, including invoices.
- Check incoming mail (PO Box) and respond as needed.
- Pick up and deposit refund checks.
- Order and pick up cashier checks.
- Prepare Board meeting packets (agendas, reports, etc.)
- Assist the Executive Director with monitoring and responding to emails and phone messages, with scheduling appointments, and with calendar/task management.
- Prepare donor acknowledgment letters for Executive Director review and mailing.
- Assist the Executive Director in preparing monthly financial reports and receivables spreadsheet.
- Provide logistical support for organizational meetings, including Board meetings.
- Draft Board meeting minutes and operations reports for Board meetings.
- Coordinate volunteer/intern scheduling and onboarding
- Serve as backup for other staff, when needed.
- Attending staff meetings.
- Maintain donor database (Little Green Light), which includes updating donor information, creating and tracking donation/tax acknowledgments, adding new donors, and preparing donor reports as requested by the Executive Director
- Assist in maintaining the participant database, primarily with bail refund/final forfeit data and report updating/management.
- Maintain, organize, and update the organization’s records, including policies, employee records, bail records, and all other documents (most stored electronically on Google Drive)
- Assist the Executive Director in tracking final forfeit court dates.
- Prepare updated statistical reports for NCBF bail cases using the NCBF dashboard tool.
- Maintain and update public communications database (Mailchimp)
- Maintain and update NCBF’s website as needed.
- Assist with NCBF’s public communications via social media, website, organizational newsletter, and email campaigns.
- Manage logistics for public events, including community engagement, fundraising, and other external activities.
Skills or Requirements
- Able to type at least 50 words/minute.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Docs, and other computer applications
- Experience using non-profit donor databases.
- Experience creating content for and communicating via social media (Twitter, Instagram) and other mass communication tools (i.e., Mailchimp)
- Experience maintaining financial records and performing basic bookkeeping duties • Able to exercise good judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the public and staff.
- Able to handle confidential information with extreme professionalism.
- Attention to detail and adherence to deadlines.
- Able to plan and organize work.
- Able to follow tasks through to completion.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work well with a team and independently with minimal direction.
- Have a basic understanding of Streamlit and Github.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Vacation Time
How to Apply
- Date Posted: October 18, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Community Development
- Salary Range: $40,000 to $50,000
- Working Hours: 9am - 5pm