Tennessee Kidney Foundation
Tennessee Kidney Foundation
Tennessee Kidney Foundation (TKF) is a nonprofit organization with a $1.1M annual budget focused on empowering and supporting individuals at risk or affected by kidney disease, and its vision is a Tennessee where the rate of kidney disease is minimized and everyone who needs care receives care. Providing innovative and life-sustaining prevention, education, and direct assistance programs in a 42-county service area, TKF is a vital community resource. TKF staff members work collaboratively as a team to ensure that inclusion and compassion for clients and the public are at the center of their work.
The Executive Assistant ensures the smooth functioning of Tennessee Kidney Foundation’s physical and virtual offices in support of the TKF mission and vision. The Executive Assistant reports the CEO and provides primary support to the CEO. The Executive Assistant also provides critical administrative support to the members of the senior staff team, including the Director of Development and Director of Programs and Outreach.
Responsibilities require advanced experience with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word), internet research skills, and writing skills for the development of reports and presentations. The individual in this role will work on complex assignments and projects where independent action and a high degree of initiative is required.
Strong communications skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced changing environment, and a willingness to step outside the written responsibilities of the role are all highly desirable candidate qualities.
The Executive Assistant must be a team player with a welcoming and inclusive personality who is excited about taking ownership of this important role. The ideal candidate has a high standard of professional conduct, possesses an entrepreneurial spirit, and is excited to join a thriving organization poised for continued growth.
Work Environment and Culture
TKF is committed to fostering diversity, equity and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We desire a workplace where each member of our team can be themselves and bring their best selves to our work.
All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
TKF currently has a hybrid remote and in-person work environment.
- Serve as primary contact for internal and external constituents of the organization and maintain high professional standards when communicating and working with all stakeholders.
- Provide daily administrative and logistical support to the CEO by working closely to manage appointments, phone calls, events, and other communications.
- Provide support for the CEO in working with the Board of Directors, committees, donors, community groups and organizations.
- Manage all preparations for meetings of the CEO and senior staff as directed, including:
- development of presentation materials
- obtaining reports and materials from staff
- providing communications to meeting participants
- facilitating the virtual or in-person setup for meetings
- welcoming and admitting guests both virtually and in person
- preparation and record keeping of meeting minutes
- Conduct research as requested by the CEO in preparation for meetings, presentations, and reports.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of special events.
- Maintain all office filing and administrative records for all departments.
- Manage vendor relationships, corresponding accounts payable and receivable, and process related accounting reports.
- Suggest efficiency improvements for office management and implement approved changes.
- Manage travel arrangements and professional development activities for CEO and other staff members as needed.
- Provide comprehensive support to the Director of Development throughout the planning, implementation, and closeout of each fundraising event and campaign.
- Provide support to the Director of Programs and Outreach as needed for the completion of data entry and management, assistance with grant invoicing and reporting, and correspondence.
- Create and manage annual calendars for all departments.
- Field general organizational emails and phone calls and ensure responses are provided in a timely manner.
- Pick up organizational mail on all in-person workdays and as required from the designated PO Box.
- Maintain and update the organization’s global contact list.
- Manage office supply inventory, vendor relationships, and supply/maintenance contracts and accounts.
- In partnership with staff leadership, schedule and support events and experiences for team camaraderie, including birthday and life events and welcoming new team members
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least three (3) years of professional experience
- Actively seek to become a subject matter expert in the fields of kidney health and the social determinants of health.
- Experience with data entry and data management
- Experience handling confidential matters professionally and with discretion
- Strong skillset with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Office 365, and CRM platforms
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Cooperative and communicative work style
- Positive and welcoming attitude and superior customer service skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Must be available to work in-person on Tuesdays and Thursdays and as required by the organization’s activities
Salary and Benefits
Competitive starting salary range of $50,000-55,000 based on experience
Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits provided for all full-time employees
403b retirement plan with 5% employer match for all full-time employees
- Generous vacation allowance for new employees, with benefits increasing after year 1
- Holiday schedule: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Friday after Thanksgiving, and the week between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day
- 15 sick days annually, with accrual up to 30 days
How to Apply
Email cover letter and resume to TKF CEO, Heather Corum Powell, at email@example.com. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
- Date Posted: July 12, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: 50,000-55,000